Chapter 5: Effects Of The Love Potion pt.2

Lunch rolled around, and Harry couldn't have been more happier. Throughout the day, he felt a strange connection to a certain blond-haired boy, like a need to be near him. Herbology was the closest he had gotten to Malfoy since the other day when they shook hands. And now he was on his way to find him.

Seamus and Dean had been following Harry around all day, and not once had he taken an interest into any girl.
"Maybe we did it wrong?" Seamus considered, rereading over the potion ingredients again and again.
"We can't have, we followed all the steps."
Deciding to leave it for now, they got up and left the library. As they walked down the corridor, every student they know filtered through their heads, not one did Harry seem attracted to.
They turned the corner and bumped into a small boy with dark hair and glasses, after realising what happened, Seamus saw it was the boy they were just talking about.
"Sorry Harry," He said, and Dean apologised as well.
"No problem," Harry replied, and scurried off quickly.
"Where do you think he's going?" Dean asked himself and Seamus. They were both thinking the same thing...

Harry hurried along the corridor, until he spotted a familiar blond sitting on the window ledge, one leg to his chest and the other stretched out. He was reading some sort of note, but as he heard someone coming he folded it and placed it inside his pocket.
"Hey," Draco said first, twisting his head to face Harry.
"Hi," Harry replied, climbing up onto the ledge to sit opposite Draco, "you ok?"
He rocked his head back against the wall, and moved his legs so Harry had room, "It doesn't matter, it's not like you would care anyways-"
"If I didn't care, I wouldn't ask." He placed a hand on Draco's leg, but quickly retracted it realising what he was doing. Draco flushed a light pink, but Harry hadn't noticed.
There was a long pause, before Draco let out the breath he was holding and spoke, "All my life I've been told what to be and how to act by my father, and now he's locked up in Azkaban I'm free to be myself."
"What's the problem with that? Shouldn't you be happy?" Harry asked curiously, Draco looked up to see the sincerity in Harry's big green eyes glancing at him.
"I should, but I spent so much time being someone I wasn't that I don't even know who the 'real me' is anymore."
"Well start being honest, don't hide things or do things you don't find natural," advised Harry, he shot a smile at Draco, and got one in return before Hermione came skipping down the corridor looking for Harry.
As they both spotted her, Draco blushed and looked away, whilst Harry untwined their legs to get down.
"What are you to doing?" She said, winking at Harry.
He clenched his jaw and gave her a look making her back off, "Whatever. Harry Professor McGonagall is looking to speak with you."
"Why? I haven't done anything wrong." He jumped off the ledge, looking back at Draco and smiling once more before going off to the Professors office.

Harry opened the big doors to Minerva McGonagall's office room and began to panic, "Professor whatever you think I've done I haven't-"
"Harry, take a seat." She gestured to a comfy chair opposite her desk. There was a silence, as Harry made his way over to the seat and fiddled with a piece of loose thread coming from the cushioned arms. "Harry, I didn't call you here to lecture you on behaviour, but instead to check up on you."
"Oh," Harry rested into the chair.
"I know that- that the night of the battle here was a difficult time for everyone, especially you. I wanted to ask how you are feeling, we have been back for 3 days and I hear you are having nightmares? Is this correct?" He didn't know what to say,  instead he looked to his feet, and slightly nodded at McGonagalls question. "I was wondering if you would like a Dormitory to yourself? Sometimes you might want to get away from people and be alone, I would be happy to provide a place for you Harry."
"That-" Harry thought about it, "that would be nice, would I still be allowed into the Griffindor common room?"
"Of course," she answered with a smile, and wrote down something with a large green-feather quill, "I'll get to it, and speak with you again later. You are dismissed."

As he left the room, he saw a tall figure waiting for him outside. Malfoy must had followed him.
He walked over to him, "Are you ok? Are you in trouble?" Draco asked, he looked Harry all over worriedly.
"I'm fine, it was just something about the war," Harry explained, and noticed the change in Draco's face, "but I'm okay."
Draco hesitated, before engulfing Harry in a hug, "during the war I was a dick towards everyone, and I never thanked you for saving me from the fire."
Harry broke away from the hug, "it's fine, But you are right you were a dick."
Draco playfully hit his arm, before realising 5th period was about to start. He smiled at Harry and walked to his next class.

The day ended and Harry relaxed, whilst walking to McGonagalls office he thought about all the reasons why having a dorm to himself was great. As he got closer, he could hear another voice coming from the room.
Harry entered the office, and saw none other than Draco Malfoy sitting in a spare chair whilst he a McGonagall wait patiently for him.
"Ah, Harry there you are. I hope this won't be a problem but Mr.Malfoy will be sharing the private dorm with you."