Chapter 38 | It's Good To Be Home

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Watching as the trees pass us by and the breeze flows through the window through my hair. Closing my eyes in contempt, I rest my head against the headrest admiring the beauty we pass. The wedding weekend has been and gone, faster than expected. Which is a shame, considering it was like we were in our own little world there. But of course, college beckons. Noah and I have taken the day off college today so we could spend more time at Lake Tahoe and drive back today instead. Feeling my phone vibrate, I scroll through and see a picture of Emery on her honeymoon. Over the past few days since they arrived, she's been sending and posting a lot of pictures of her honeymoon. It's clear to see how in love she is with their honeymoon destination, as well as now being Mrs Jackson.

"Another picture from Emery, she's loving it," I say, showing him the picture of Emery and Liam.

"I've never seen the miserable bastard so happy," Noah says, and I laugh. "Two weeks and he'll be back to his old self."

"You know I don't know who enjoyed the wedding more, Emery or your grandma," I joke, and Noah laughs. Grandma Rose was basically the life of the party. No surprise there. She was dancing with pretty much anyone she could dance with, and of course, taking bets.

"I think she scarred some of the guests," Noah says, referring to his younger cousins who had run away from Grandma Rose when she wanted to dance with them.

"I'm surprised your cousins haven't realized they can't escape from her," I laugh, as she had caught them all and danced with every one of them, embarrassing them more.

"That's going to haunt them forever," Noah says. "Want to stop off at the grocery store? We still have three hours to go," Noah says, and I nod my head. Soon enough he's pulled off the highway and into a town nearby. Parking at the grocery store we get out.

"M'lady," Noah says, getting a shopping cart.

"Why thank you, kind sir," I curtsey before getting into the cart and he pushes me into the store heading for the junk food aisle. Sitting in the shopping cart picking up pretty much everything in the junk food aisle. Putting it in the cart while Noah pushes me down the aisle, I hear him chuckle as he watches me pick up basically everything. He himself occasionally picking up something for himself that I didn't pick up.

"Are you trying to make me broke or fat?" Noah asks, making me giggle as he steers me away from the chips I am trying to reach, making me pout.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll still like you even if you are fat and broke," I say and he raises his eyebrow at me.

"I'm touched," He sarcastically says, making me laugh. "Alright enough food. This will last us more than three hours," Noah says, reaching the end of the aisle as I pout before he drives me to the drinks section getting some water and fizzy drinks. "Ok, I think we have everything," Noah says and I nod. As we make our way to the checkout till where a guy our age looks to be bored out of his mind. "Someone seems to be having fun," Noah whispers to me, as I giggle. The cashier's head picks up at the sound ready to check us out and I see him smile at us...well me, oh boy.

"Find everything ok, beautiful?" He asks me as he starts to check our stuff out smiling at me.

"We found everything just fine," I say, putting emphasis on the 'we'.

"Sibling road trip, huh?" The guy asks as if hopeful and I notice Noah roll his eyes, almost making me giggle, but I keep it in.

"Romantic getaway," I smile, lacing my hand through Noah's kissing his cheek, and Noah smirks as the cashier's face falls. "We're heading home," I say and he nods, silently finishing up. Noah kisses my head, chuckling silently. Picking up the bags, we pay the now very solemn looking cashier before saying goodbye and heading to the car.