30, Flirty and Dying?

Chapter Eight

con·trol

/kənˈtrōl/

verb

●gerund or present participle: controlling
●determine the behavior or supervise the running of.
●take into account (an extraneous factor that might affect results) when performing an experiment.

I groaned rolling over in the bed, my hand landing on her thigh. The warmth of her chocolate skin early this morning sent chills down my back.

I sniffed her hair sucking in her the light memorable scent of peppermint.

Man, even in her sleep Harper smells delicious.

I wrapped my arms around her in happiness. Ever since I met her my life has been more meaningful. My background isn't so bright--and the constant problem of being accused of cheating in past relationships made me hate dating, well that's until I met Harper.

Meeting her showed me how much I loved being in a relationship, especially with someone who understands me. And she does--which makes my feelings for her grows stronger each day and I just can't help it.

I'm in love with Harper and although I told her I loved her last night and it wasn't said back to me, I know in my heart that her and I share the same mutual feelings for each other.

I close my eyes rubbing my hands on her hot skin. This--this right here is something I could get use too.

My heart tighten, realizing this is not for a long time and that her time is limited.

I mentally cursed, why would God bring me someone so great just to snatch her away from me at the end?

I swallowed hard, pushing away the upcoming emotion I was feeling. I didn't want to wake her up.

I shifted a little trying to fall back to sleep, as well as ease my mind from thinking about the time we don't have.

But, before I could drift off--I felt movement from her, I guess she was getting ready to wake up.

She turned around, making eye contact with me then broke out into a smile.

I grinned, placing my hand on her arm caressing her skin. "Good morning mamas, how you feeling?"I asked refering to her cold she had as a result of her sickness that she was trying to downplay.

She smiled, leaning in pecking my lips."Good morning to you too, and I'm okay as I can be."She spoke in her raspy voice.

I sighed, frowning. "Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?"I asked, concerned when I heard her talk. She didn't sound like herself.

She shook her head, laying her head on my arm."I'm sure,"she replied.