scene 3- forgotten

The wolf wanted something. It kept barking at him and nudging him. He whispered to it, "What is it, buddy?" "Borf!" It nudged him again, then pulled at his shirt. "What are you doing?" "Bork!" It went behind him and pushed him a little. "Do you want me to go somewhere?" It nodded its head and wagged its tail. It pulled on his shirt again and walked away. He followed it for a while, and eventually they came to the cave that he had used for shelter before. "Why did you bring me here?" "Borf!" It sat down in the cave and looked at him expectantly, so he sat down next to it. It stood up and went behind him. He felt his sword get lifted out of the sheath, and he looked at the wolf. It was bow holding his sword. "What are you doing?" It responded with a muffled bark. "Berf." It carried the sword in front of him and stuck it into the ground. It nudged his hands onto the hilt of the sword, then put it's own paw on it. It howled a quiet tune, then stopped, eyes closed. He blinked, and suddenly, he wasn't in the cave anymore, and the wolf was gone. In its place was the guy from before.

"What? Why are you here? How did you get here?" "Magic, I guess. I don't really know how it works."

He realized that there were other people nearby. Some of them came over, and he recognized them from when he was lost. The kid looked at him and said, "So you brought him again?" The guy next to him- Twilight, he remembered- spoke. "Yup." He turned to him and pointed at the kid and said, "This is Wind." He pointed at the guy he had been talking to last time and said, "This is Time." He introduced a few others to him. All of then had equally weird names. He noticed that he hadn't been asked his name, so he signed, "My name is Link." Both Twilight and Time only smiled, but Wind said, "Oh, I know." That confused him for a second, but then he decided that Twilight had probably told them his name already. After all, it did seem like they were expecting him. How he knew him, he wasn't sure.

●●●

He had decided to look around. It looked like they were at a camp of sorts, in a forest. He saw Wind standing on a rock, looking through some sort of device that he hadn't seen before. He walked over and tapped him on the shoulder. Wind looked at him and asked, "Yeah, new guy?" He signed, "What are you holding?" Wind looked at it and said, "Oh, this? It's a telescope." He recognized the word, so he thought for a moment before remembering that the Sheikah slate had a scope. "Can I look at it?" He signed. "Sure." He handed it it over. "Be careful though, it's my sister's." He froze up at the mention of sister, and he accidentally dropped the telescope in the process. "Hey, I told you to be careful with it!" He fumbled with his hands and shakily signed, "I'm sorry, I just remembered something I have to do, I need to go, bye!" He ran off without another word. Wind looked at the telescope, then back at him. "Was it something I said?"

○○○

He ran as far as he could, making sure that he would be able to get back to the camp. He sat behind a tree and brought his legs closer to his body before resting his head in his knees.

○○○

"Hey, Twi?" "Yeah?" "The new guy ran off that way." Wind pointed into the woods, and Twilight followed his finger. "Okay. I'll go check on him." "Alrighty." Wind skipped off and climbed back into his rock. Twilight walked in the direction Wind had pointed, and soon heard the sound of crying. He found the boy and sat down next to him. "What's wrong?" "My family," he sobbed. "I don't even remember my family! I could have had a sibling, and I wouldn't even know. All I know is that my dad was in the Royal Guard. I don't remember anyone!" "Shh, shh." Twilight gently rubbed his back. "It's okay. I have a friend who lost her memory." "Really? I think you're just saying that to make me feel better." "No, I'm telling the truth. She didn't remember me, or anyone else. It was hard for both of us, along with everyone else she knew." "Yeah, well, nobody died! My family is dead!" "Imagine how hard it must be for Zelda." "She's not as worthless as me. She doesn't break down when someone mentions their sister." "Well, you're two different people. Different people deal with things differently." "I guess." They sat in silence for a while longer while he calmed down.

"Are you ready to go back?" He nodded. "Oh, and we'll call you Wild. It'll be easier than calling you Link, trust me. It'll make sense soon." He nodded again, very confused. He did say that it would make sense soon, though. He just had to trust Twilight.

○○○