1. The Leaky Cauldron

Y/N's POV

Dear Mr L/N,
Please note that the new school year will begin on September the first. The Hogwarts Express will leave from King's Cross station, platform nine and three-quarters, at eleven o'clock.
Third years are permitted to visit the village of Hogsmeade on certain weekends. Please give the enclosed permission form to your parent or guardian to sign.
A list of books for next year is enclosed.
Yours sincerely,
Professor M. McGonagall

This summer had been a long summer, Ron had ignored me and I was still dealing with the fact my real parents were out there. My adopted parents were still here for me though, and I never stopped calling them my mum and dad, but part of me wanted to find out who my real mother and father were.

Since I told my friends that I was Voldemort's grandson, they had told their parents. Mr and Mrs Weasley already knew and wouldn't see me any different, every adult whom I was close with already seemed to know. It was just my friends.

Hermione, Harry, the twins, Ginny and even Issac were all good with it. They treated me just like they treated me before. It just seemed like Ron had a problem with it.

"Y/N, do you want to go to Diagon Alley with us?" my mum said from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'm coming." I said, quickly grabbing some essentials and heading down.

My relationship in my family hadn't changed, we were still the close, tight-knit family I've had since a kid. It was just that I was curious and wanted to know more about my actual family, not that I didn't regard mother, father and Issac as my family.

The four of us made our way to Diagon Alley, we arrived in The Leaky Cauldron and were, surprisingly, met by the Weasleys and Hermione. I greeted everyone cheerfully, whilst Issac went straight over to the twins.

Mrs Weasley gave me her famous, bone-crushing hug. "Look at how tall you've grown during the summer!"

I smiled, I had grown a bit and I had also gained some muscle. Whenever I needed to take my mind off things, I would leave my house and go for a run. A few weeks into summer, I added some weights and devised some new workout plan. Truth be told, I wanted to work harder and become a better wizard more than ever since the news that I was given about Voldemort. I wanted to be better than him since I felt like I had something to prove.

When I saw Ron, he didn't greet me. "Hey Ron, how was your summer? I heard you went to Egypt."

Silence.

Mrs Weasley stepped in. "Aren't you going to answer Ronald?"

Ron shook his head.

I finally gave up and snapped. "For god's sake Ron, why won't you speak to me? I've sent you a dozen letters, asking if you wanted to come round my house or whether I could come round yours but you ignored them all!"

"Why would I want to hang around the likes of you?" he sneered.

"I'm sorry, what?" I said, shocked. "Ron, you've been my best friend since we were little."

"That doesn't matter now. Why would I be friends with You-Know-Who's grandson?"

"I'm nothing like him!" I replied. "For the record, I didn't know since a month ago! It's not like I've known since I was a baby and he raised me to learn the Dark Arts or something!"

"BUT YOU'RE HIS GRANDSON AND YOU'RE A DANGER JUST LIKE HIM!" Ron bellowed.

The room went silent.

"YOU'RE GOING TO BE KILLING ALL THE MUGGLE-BORNS SOON CAUSE YOUR STUPID GRANDFATHER TOLD YOU SO!"

Everyone looked at me, I clenched my fists and decided not to react to his comment, but instead be a better person. "If that's how you really feel Ron, that's fine. I'm just upset that you're willing to throw away all these years of friendship over one person."

With that, I left. Fighting the urge to cry.

I left The Three Broomsticks and entered Diagon Alley, going as far as I could.

Hermione's POV

"RONALD HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO HIM LIKE THAT!" Mrs Weasley yelled. "AFTER ALL THAT POOR BOY'S BEEN THROUGH!"

"That was out of line Ron." Ginny sighed.

"Yeah, Ron." The twins' chorused.

I could hear Ron mutter something along the lines of: "Piss off"

Just then, Harry walked down the stairs. "Hey guys!" he said cheerfully. "Did I miss anything?"

"Harry!" I exclaimed. "You were staying here?"

"He blew up his aunt." Ron said bluntly.

Harry nodded. "Where's Y/N."

"Well...I'll leave Ron to explain." I said.

Ron explained but obviously he left out a few key details which I kindly added for him. Harry was wide-eyed and looked at Ron with shock. "Come on Ron, why did you do that."

"So you're all standing up for him? It's like you're standing up for You-Know-Who." Ron groaned.

"You know he's not like that! Y/N is nothing like him!" I replied.

"Yeah, stick up for your boyfriend." Ron sneered. "If you get married, make sure you invite his grandad."

With that Ron, stormed off, his family trailing after. In shock of their youngest son's behaviour.

"Should we go find Y/N?" I asked Harry.

He nodded. "I'll help but you can talk to him."

The two of us left but not before asking Y/N's parents if they could buy his books without him since we were going to meet them back here later.