(28)

The Map Marker

Kenzie's pov

Colby pulls into Tender Greens and we get out. We walk in and get in line.

"Tender Greens!" Colby takes a Insta Story video of me.

"Hi how can I help you?" The boy says from behind the counter.

"I'll take whatever you like from here." Colby smiles and then pulls his card out.

"And for you?" The boy smiles at me.

"Um just give me what he is having." I point over at Colby.

The boy taps on the computer. Then walks away and starts getting our food.

"So I was wondering." Colby scratches his neck. "Would you wanna go Pennsylvania with me this weekend. I know it is where you are from and you don't like it there but I just was wondering if you wanted to do a little vacation."

"Yes Colby." I laugh. "I'll join you on a trip to Pa." I smile and wrap my arms around him.

"Brock!" The boy said and held up a bag of food.

"Thank you." Colby grabbed it and then we walked out, getting into his car and he starts his car. He placed his hand over his center console and held it open waiting for me to put my hand in. I intertwine our fingers as he pulls onto the high way.

"We are going to leave Thursday." He just stares straight ahead. I think of when Thursday is and realize it's tomorrow.

"Colby that's tomorrow!" A shout and open my phone and clicking on the calendar.

"I know that's why I asked today so then you couldn't say no." He smiles and squeezed my hand. "Trust me. I thought this through."

I roll my eyes and start to think of what to pack. Trying to remember Pennsylvania's horrible weather. He pulls into my driveway and there are three cars parked in it. Jakes, Mine and someone I've never seen before. We get out of Colby's car and head up the stairs.

"Who car is that?" Colby points at the green Jeep Wrangler parked in my driveway.

"I'm not sure it has Utah plates." I shrug and open the door. When the door opens I hear yelling and screaming of Skylars voice.

"You fucking asshole. I am going to kill you." She screams and I walk into the area where her voice is booming from. Seeing a boy with his back towards me and Jake standing sorta in front of Skylar, trying to keep her safe or the boy safe.

"What the fuck is the yellin for?" I shout and Skylars eye whip in my direction. The boy turns around and I see it's Jace.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Colby takes a step in front of me and puts his arm back in a protective way. I put my hand on his back, so he knows I am okay.

"I came to see if she was okay. The hospital gave me this address. You both didn't pick up your phones." Jace looks between all of us and then points at Skylar and I.

"Jace you better fucking leave now before I." Skylars voice was cut off my Jake.

"Okay time to put the little girl asleep. Let's go." He picked her up as she kicked and fought him the whole way out of the room. 

"Let me show you out." Colby pointed at the door.

"I came to see if she was okay." He said again. And look around Colby. Smart ass me held up two thumbs.

"Mackie are you sure you are okay here?" He asked looking at Colby and then at me.

"Jace I'm fucking fine without you." I step in front of Colby. Blinded by rage. "You care does much now that I'm here without you. I don't need you. I never did. You were an abusive person. You took advantage of me. You abused me in so many different ways and you never saw that. Just fucking leave. Lose my number. Lose Skylars number. Don't ever come back here. Don't look for me and don't run to my parents and tell them I am here. None of you wanted me in Pennsylvania and no I'm in Cali. Thousands of miles away. And suddenly." I take a step closer to him. "You all want me back home. Like you guys care or something." I turn my back to him, pissed and irritated.

I grab my keys off the table and run down the stairs and into my car. Turning it on and pulling out of the driveway as quick as possible. I toss my phone in the back and keep driving.

My phone buzzes for the hundredth time. As I pull into a small store off the highway. I reach back and grab my phone. Looking to see....

Loser (Jake)👦🏻
Missed Calls (20)

Bestie for the Westie (Sky)
Missed Calls (56)

Your favorite (Colby) 🖤
Missed Calls (18)

Your favorite (Colby) 🖤
Mackenzie answer me now
Where are you?
Bear fucking answer
Mackenzie Jake and Sky are calling you pick up
29 more messages

I open my phone and type Colby a "I'm fine" message and put my phone in my pocket pulling my keys out of the ignition and getting out of the car. I walk into the store and am greeted by a older man.

"Hello ma'am. Yell if you need anything." He nods his head. I smile and thank him quickly.

I walk to the back of the store where I see Monsters. I grab two original monsters. I walk to the isle where they keep chips and grab Original Lays Chips. Next stop was the little Nacho machine. I step up to the thing and grab a container where you would put the chips and start to fill it with cheese. And then walk to the counter placing everything on there.

"You can charge me for nachos." I point at the cheese. "I took a lot of cheese." I smile and he nods.

"Going on a trip?" He asks sweetly. Trying to make conversation.

"Something like that." I smile. "Just trying to get away for a bit."

"Is there a boy or man in your life right now?" He asked looking up handing me my bag.

"Yes there is sir." I nod looking down and smiling.

"Tell him then. Don't push him away because your scared. If you could see your smile right now. It says a million words to me. How you look right now is how I think of my wife everytime it gets close to closing time." He smiles and patted the counter. "Go get him." He shewed me away.

"Thank you sir. I think I needed to hear that." I smile walking out the door. Opening my phone that continues to blow up. I mark this place in my maps. And then get in my car. Opening the chips and monster. I start my car. And eat my chips and cheese on the way back to the boy I am falling for.

~~~~~

I know I've been gone for like forever and all but please don't be mad. I started school and been doing softball everyday of the week and haven't really had time. I wrote this a couple times not liking it. So I'm publishing this now before I rewrite it again.

I love you all so much and thank you for all the support while I was gone you are all the best people alive.