XXXIII / Unfortunately, Life Gets Real

Monday 

February 23, 1978

Potions

It's been a whole week since I've written, which normally would stress me out, but I am the epitome of mental health and well-being, so it doesn't. 

Do I give a care about Sirius Black? Certainly not. Certainly not enough to write about him in my diary, which I barely do. 

I mean, I'm going to write about him right now, because he's sitting next to me, but that's the only reason. Besides, I wouldn't need to write about him if he wasn't being a moody prick, but that's beside the point. 

Oh, this might be easier to write in list format. Wait, should I write a list about why Sirius Black is being a moody prick or do I write about what I've gotten up to this week? Do I write two lists? That seems excessive? What do I care, it's my diary. 

I can do what I want, and what I want to do is write two lists. 

A Brief List Concerning the Activities of One Evelyn K. O. Bishop During the Past Week of February

1. An excessive amount of time spent in the Library. For a number of reasons of course, starting with homework and ending with avoiding people. Plus, all sorts of interesting things can happen in the library. Nothing worth noting this week, though. Although, that's if you don't count when I ran into Mark Abery and he said one of his mates overheard Nott and Avery discussing something nefarious, but I didn't quite have the headspace to deal with that information so I redirected him to Gryffindor's number one vigilante, James Potter.

2. An excessive amount of time drinking tea. I don't need to explain myself.

3. Some nice morning walks down by the lake.

4. Another civil conversation with Isadora James. What is going on with me? 

5. O's in all of my assignments that I handed in, even Ancient Runes. 

6. Some really awkward Muggle Studies classes. These are awkward entirely because of the behaviour of one Remus Lupin, who I think has elected to no longer be my friend. This does cause me some mental distress, so Lily offered to go beat him up. I told her I appreciated the gesture, but if I wanted Remus Lupin beaten up, I could easily do it myself. I wouldn't hex him, of course, because he's too good at Defence Against the Dark Arts. I'd probably just poke at him emotionally. Now that I put that in writing it does sound quite mean. In my defence, Remus is being mean to me, so... Point being, is that he doesn't really talk to me anymore, which makes me sad, because we used to be good friends! Remember when he would talk to me about all the stuff going on with Dorcas? Wow, it doesn't even make me upset anymore when I think about them dating. When did that happen? 

7. One interesting thing to note about this week, actually, is that a bunch of the Slytherins keep ending up in the Hospital Wing with swollen ears or a green nose, that sort of thing. I know that it's Black. He's being all moody, and when he gets moody it's often not very pretty to witness. Speaking of the moody prick...

A List Concerning the Behaviour of Sirius O. Black, the Moodiest Member of the Marauders, and Most Definitely Gryffindor House

1. I, personally, do not give a care about Sirius Black, because he is a turd bucket twunt head that keeps being rude, rude, RUDE to me for no reason! Did we kiss that one time a bit over a week ago? Yes. What am I supposed to make of that? Now he's ignoring me and making snide comments and calling me Bishop again? 

2. As I have already mentioned - Slytherins getting hexed.

3. Okay, let's bring it back to Black's rudeness to me. To me! First of all, I did absolutely nothing wrong, so I don't deserve this - if anyone should be being rude to anyone, it's me! What gives him the right?