Chapter Eleven

Sunday, September 1st, 2019

Sheila

The dress laid flat on the king-sized bed in the middle of the room. I slowly approached it, getting a better look at it.

I held my breath as I reached the foot on the bed. I reached down and grabbed the bottom of the dress. It was the color of the most beautiful green leaves. It was faded green-white just below the breasts that faded into the riches of dark green at the bottom. the greed had no shoulders, though there was a 'cape' connected in the front to the cuff that seemed to go around the neck.

The cuff had beautiful swirls of light green that danced down the fabrics that connected to the cape that should follow behind me. If I put it on right.

At the waist, there was a waistband that had a golden clip that held a beautiful long stash that went to the floor.

I held the dress up into the air, the lanterns in the room lighting it up. I sighed as the breeze of the windowless room blew past it. I looked over towards a door that I prayed would be the bathroom. I tossed the dress over my shoulder as I reached down to turn the solid gold doorknob. Imagine having so much money you could be able to make doorknobs of solid gold.

I pulled the door towards me. Luckily there were already candles lighting up the entire bathroom allowing me to see.

The bathroom was larger than my bedroom back at the pack. I almost threw up at the size of it. Who is this filthy rich? I stepped inside, closing the door behind me with my foot. I took the dress off my shoulder again, I looked at it with slight horror. How much did this cost? I looked at the cuff around my neck, there was an intricate gold piece that matched the one that held my stash together, both gold.

I took a deep breath in through my nose. "Well, I could just not go to the ball." So I didn't have to wear this. I turned to the mirror on my left side. It was a full-body mirror. I held the dress against my body. "Well, it would be a waste." I perched my lips. I made eye contact with my reflection, my grey eyes looking right back at me.

My eyes drifted back down to the dress. I sighed, "fine, Zaivinth would be upset if I didn't wear it anyways." I started to slip my clothes off.

There was a knock on my door. I took one last glance at my reflection. I braided my hair back in a traditional elvish look that I had to copy from the books that I had at home. It wasn't perfect, but it did suit this expensive elvish green dress.

"Coming!" I shouted, doing one last twirl, my dress and see-through cape dancing around me. I held back a squeal of excitement.

I ran out of the bathroom, closing it behind me. I rushed towards the large wooden door, my light green flats clicking on the marble floors.

I grabbed the ridiculous golden handle and pulled it open. On the other side, my mate looked right back at me. His electric blue eyes looking into my dull grey ones.

    I looked at his black hair, finely combed to a standard that was presentable. No longer messy due to the wind. I looked down to what he was wearing. I almost gasped aloud.

     He was wearing a thick dark green cape, silver chains holding them together. Underneath was a nice light green shirt that dripped far past his waist, held together by a brown belt that had an expensive-looking golden buckle. What he was wearing was almost the complete match to what I was wearing.

     "Good evening, Princess." He reached out a hand to take mine, before bowing low, kissing my hand in the process. I felt my face heat up in an instant.

     "What?" I stuttered enough to barely be audible. "What are you doing?" I held my free hand to my face covering the pink glow caused by the person in front of me.

    "I'm escorting my princess to the banquet." I looked down at him to see him looking right back up at me. Only now he had a teasing smirk playing on his lips.

     "Oh, you are too much." I squeeze his hand while looking away, embarrassed. "Come on, we don't want to be late." Desperate for a conversation changer.

    "We wouldn't want that." I heard the shuffle of fabric before I saw him start walking. I only realized we were walking due to the fact that he tugged mine gently.

     We walked down the golden spiral steps and put off the front door, out to the wooden bridges. I looked around as we stepped on our first bridged.

    It looked like everyone was outside, children and adults alike. They were all dressed in very fancy attire, something similar, but not quite as fancy as my own. Whoever had picked this dress has one, no regard for money, and two, dedicated their life to style.

    "So you are in your human form, does that mean you trust the people here?" I glanced up at him, gettings good peak as we passed under an overhanging lantern post.

    "Oh god no." He scoffed, as if he was saying the most obvious thing. "There is only two people in this world that I trust." He stopped, turning me to face him. "Xion, and you, Sheila."

    "You just met me, how could you trust me?" I raised an eyebrow, curious to what he had to say.

     "You are my Mate, that fact alone is enough for me to put my life into your hands ten times over." He raised my hand to his lips placing a gentle kiss on my knuckles.

     "Then why aren't you in your dragon form?"

    We started walking, he looked at me before looking back to where he was stepping. "I don't want you to be embarrassed."

     "What are you going on about now?" I huffed, looking out at the horizon.

    "I don't want them to judge you for being a dragons mate."

Here this is what I basically what looked off do describe Sheila's dress.

Oh boy oh boy I'm tried

Oh boy oh boy I'm tried. Oh my gosh I found this song and it's the best (please get the the chorus before you judge.)

https://soundcloud.com/user291257212/flyers-death-parade-full-english-cover-by-y-chang

Yeah it's been an eventful weekend. TOMORROW IM GOING ON A DATE WOOOOOP.

Who do you think got her that dress?

What will happen at the banquet?

Why was Vince so insecure about being a dragon?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE