Chapter 29. Goodbye, Daniel.

A/N: I haven't proof-read the chapter. So, sorry in advance for the errors in the typos:(

Ariana's POV

I felt the ground beneath me move as I sank to the floor and crouched down wrapping my arms around my knees which almost touched my chest.

Daniel had just said that he loves me--not the exact words ofcourse but everything he did screamed about how much he cared. Kiana was right. I don't deserve Daniel. He's too good for me. How could I be so heartless as to break his heart when he just indirectly confessed to me? But what could I do? I didn't have any other option...

I shut my eyes letting the tears roll down my cheeks as my mind drifted off to the conversation I had with Kiana after Daniel left to meet the Alpha.

♧♧♧

I had already freshen up and was ready to leave the room and look for Kiana so that I could say her that I won't be able to accept her condition. I would request her or even plead her to let me stay here.

But then a knock came through the other side of the room's door and when I opened the door, Kiana stood there looking as stunning as ever.

"Kiana? Why are you here-" before I could finish the sentence, Kiana let herself in as she pushed the door open and stepped inside the room before closing the door shut behind her.

I stared at her with an incredulous look on my face. Who does she think she is? Barging into my room --well technically Daniel's room-- without my permission.

"What are you-"

I begin only to be cut off by her again.

"You're going with Anthony today, right?" Her voice was more like a command than a question. She was busy scanning her nails as she blowed at them ocassionally, not even sparing me a glance.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about that," I begin as she finally looked at me with a raise of her brow, "Look, I know you said that you wanted me to go with the Alpha but honestly I can't leave Daniel because...."

He's finally opening up a bit around me And if I leave now, I don't think he'll ever open up around someone. And if it's true that Daniel holds some kind of feelings for me, then how can I break his heart? My heart hurts when he hurts....but ofcourse, I'm not going to say this to Kiana.

"....because I don't want to go back with Alpha Anthony. I know we are mates and that's supposed to make us feel happy around each other and all those stuff. But honestly, I feel uncomfortable around him and I don't think he likes me as his mate either. So how about I stay here instead of going back with the Alpha. I'll do whatever you say other than leaving Daniel-I mean, leaving this castle..."

I tried to compensate with her. Kiana didn't seem quite pleased with my answer as she walked up to me and looked straight into my eyes,

"You're leaving with Anthony. It's fixed." Kiana stated giving me a I-dare-you-deny-me look.

A slow smile grew on my lips. I was prepared for this. I did try to talk nice but she asked for it.