Veronica Lodge x (fem) Reader

Time and time again, you had witnessed multiple of Veronica's failed flings. When you, Betty, and Kevin met her, Veronica went into full detail about her past relationships. It painted a clear view of the men in New York, but Veronica had hopes that the opposite sex in Riverdale.

Her first attempt at some semblance of love was Chuck Clayton. The star of the football team had taken an interest in Veronica ever since she stepped foot in Riverdale High. Who could blame him too? Everyone's eyes were on Veronica; she was beautiful. You took note on the way her eyes light up when someone dishes out gossip and you marveled at the smile she gave you when she was just hanging out with her friends. Friends. That's what you and Veronica were, no matter how hard you wished you were more. From what you could tell, Veronica was straight; and if she did test the waters with someone, it would probably be Betty. The two girls had gotten very close, not to say you weren't close with Veronica.

But none of that mattered now. Veronica would be going out with Chuck this evening and there was nothing to be done about it.

"What will you wear?" Kevin's eyes were wide while awaiting Veronica's answer. The raven haired girl shrugged, causing Kevin to roll his eyes.

"Probably just this," Veronica said, gesturing to her outfit. Your eyes drifted to her dress, which fit her form perfectly. You offered her a shy smile, one that she returned.

"You look great," you commented, "Chuck is a lucky guy." Veronica blushed hard at your words, causing your smile to widen.

"Thanks Y/N," she said, "I hope this goes well." Before anyone else could speak, the bell rang. Veronica sighed and shot you a cheerful smile. "Wish me luck!" You watched as she walked out of the lounge. You watched with longing and Kevin picked up on it.

"Y/N, despite my lack of experience in this area, I'm pretty sure staring at the girl you like won't make her like you." You hit his chest gently and grabbed your bag off the couch. You started off in the direction of your next class, Kevin following close behind.

"I'm not in the mood to talk about this, Kev," you said quietly. Kevin let out a long sigh, causing you to turn your head and give him an annoyed look. "I'm going to be late, make your advice quick." Kevin grabbed your arms, pulling you to the side of the hallway.

"I'm just gonna say, you gotta have hope, Y/N. Veronica is looking for love, in any form." His serious tone didn't waver as he spoke. "If you try, Veronica might find that love in you." You nodded and Kevin smiled. "I'll see you after class." You headed off to your English class, going over what your friend had said. Maybe there was a chance for you after all.

Later during the week, you found out that Veronica hadn't found that love in Chuck. A few days after the worst date of her life, Veronica exacted her revenge on the football team's whorish ways. You came closer to her in that week; as you helped her find the guy's playbook. Your admiration only grew as you watched her fire reek beautiful havok.

"Hey, Y/N," Kevin waved his hand in front of your face, breaking you from your thoughts. You looked up at him as he tilted his head in the direction of Veronica. She was on the couch, sitting next to Archie as he talk about his latest demo. You look over at Kevin, who now gives you a sympathetic look. You let out a soft sigh, trying to ignore the pull in your heart.

"Y/N, you wanna come over later and have a listen?" You looked back over at Archie, whose eyes were now on you. "B and V are coming over, and Jughead will be there. Kevin, you're welcome to as well." Kevin smiled at the redheaded boy and shook his head.

"As much as I would love to listen to you truism love songs, I have a date with Joaquin." Kevin looked over, smiling wickedly. "But Y/N doesn't have any plans, right?" Your heartbeat accelerated as you looked back over at Archie and Veronica.