Chapter 51

25 years ago

I remembered I returned from meeting with the ministers and went to the Cordelia study room. I opened her door and saw Cordelia sitting on the desk looking pale doing her paperwork.

"What happened? Did our cousin take the news badly?" I asked with the sympathy she just nodded meekly.

"It's alright, he will eventually get used to reality." I rubbed her shoulders, then I noticed a bottle of pills on her desk, those were oddly familiar.

"What are those pills for?" I grabbed the pills. She froze and tried to grab them from me but I was taller than her so she didn't succeed in grabbing the pills from me.

She forgot that she left pills on the table.

"Give me back my pills!" She commanded me.

I didn't give her pills, instead I just read the pill bottle sticker and I froze.

I never thought I would see those pills.

"You want to get rid of our baby?" I asked her. I know that Cordelia felt incredibly guilty when we married her and wanted to stay loyal so she would think about getting rid of the child in her stomach but I doubt she would want to use this method.

She began crying.

"I just ca-an't, Leo will hate me if I keep the baby. I just don't know what to do." She told me through her crying.

"Did he give you those pills?" I demandingly asked her and she nodded.

That bastard.

No, he is worse than those bastards, he is a monster.

Those pills were rare but they are used to either kill wives with forceful miscarriage or make infertile so she would be easily discardable.

She would be deemed useless.

I can't believe my cousin would do such a thing.

She doesn't have a great backing to rely on if she was forced to divorce because she became infertile. Her family would greatly suffer because of this.

At the wizarding tournament she won against Charlotte, yet she lost against my cousin. He still decided to make her the Queen of Ravendale. Yet, he is now discarding her like a used object?

"How many pills did you drink?" I asked her.

"Just one." She said with a weak voice.

One pill is nothing, but I don't know what would happen if someone was slipping poison in her food all the time.

I grabbed her arm and decided to take her to the infirmary so the doctor can detoxify the poison that Cordelia took.

"What are you doing?" Cordelia asked him in tears.

"You understand that he does not only want to get rid of your baby, he wants to get rid of you." I said and Cordelia looked at me with an unbelieving expression but I still took her to the infirmary.

On the next day, I told my brother Noel about what happened.

We didn't know what was a better way to deal with Leonardo. He might decide to go with the drastic method that could harm either us or Cordelia.

He has always been an extreme idealist

"Should we get rid of him first before he gets rid of us, Noah?" Noel asked me.

In the end, we decided to corner him into having a duel on the edge of the cliff.

We remembered the scene very vividly.