36

A/N: wattpad was glitching around with the notifs yesterday, hopefully it works now lol

Head hung low, you and Taehyung follow your mother from behind silently.

You nibble on your lip nervously, wondering why she had summoned you both to the hall. The last time Taehyung was called, he was almost choked to death.

The thought alone made your teeth grind in inexorable anger.

You avert your gaze to the woman in front, her steady pace, stoic and cold expression, none of her current attributes reminiscent to the loving mother you knew.

It had still confused you greatly how she was the so called Lord along with your father, but you believed there was another greater mastermind behind all this, controlling everyone behind the scenes like puppets.

You simply refuted the fact that your parents were capable of doing such evil.

The familiar, ominous looking door shifts open at your mothers touch.

You watch uncertainly as your mother beckons you both in first, perceptive eyes narrowing in suspicion as to why she didn't enter first.

But when the door behind you suddenly slams shut, your eyes widen in epiphany.

She had locked you both inside, but why?

You turn to look at Taehyung, but he seems unusually calm.

However the calm facade he displayed doesn't last long when a sudden spray of gas contaminates the air in an instant, clouding the hall with smoke. The air is thick with fog, causing the tension in the room to escalate even further than it already was.

''shit'' he curses, hand covering his mouth. ''don't breath it in''

Although you try to avoid inhaling the smoke, your efforts remain futile as the toxic gas invades your lungs the instant you're unable to hold your breath. Taehyung manages to hold out a while longer than you, but eventually it gets to him too.

Was she trying to kill you both?

When the smoke diffuses into the air and is no longer discernible, your mother and father appear at the door, looking down at your intoxicated forms in satisfaction.

''Why...are you doing this?'' you cough out, barely having the energy to move yet alone speak. ''I'm your daughter...''

''Yes...you are...'' your father kneels down and moves a strand of hair away from your face, ''Which is why we're doing this. To protect you''

''T-to...'' you choke as your words get stuck in your throat. ''..protect me?! How?''

You don't bother speaking after that, and concentrate on fully getting the accumulated pain out of your system. Your insides were burning and churning away, sharp pain lancing through your head as colorful spots danced in your vision.

You see Taehyung in the corner of your eye, clutching his stomach on the floor, eyes shut tightly.

''So Tear mask...'' your father speaks, in a rather deadly tone. ''You remember my warning...yes?''

He doesn't bother responding, so your father grabs him by the neck and lifts him up. ''Even after I warned you, you took no heed. You think I don't know what you both were up to last night?''

Your eyes widen as his words register through your hazy mind. Last night? We barely did anything besides a few hugs!

How did they even find out?

''D-dont...hurt..him'' you spit through gritted teeth.

''Quiet'' your mother demands harshly. ''It hurts me to do this, Y/N. But I'm simply trying to....prove a point ''

Through the half slit in your eyes, you see Kai at the far back grinning at the scene in satisfaction.

''You need to understand these boys are simply our servants. Getting affectionate with them is not an option. You see, they don't care about you..'' she turns to the latter in contempt. ''especially someone like him...''

Your father releases Taehyung from his grasp and shoves his hand inside his pocket, bringing out a little tube. He shakes the liquid substance inside of it.

''Let this be a lesson for you...'' he places the tube in the middle of you and Taehyung. ''You both have 5 minutes left until the poison kills you. Inside the tube is the cure...but only one of you can take it''

You and Taehyung exchange glances, a wave of despondency sinking into the air.

''Watch closely, Y/N. These boys are selfish, unworthy of your affection. You think they care about you?''

You sigh, eyes fluttering closed. ''Drink it, Taehyung''

''Fool!'' your mother cries from behind, but you ignore her.

Taehyung scoots towards the potion of survival, and gently holds it in between his fingers.

He looks down at you and smiles.

''I'm sorry''

His lips part as he pours the liquid into his mouth.

A/N: [Scenario]

Y/N: don't be shy, ask me out

Taehyung: k, get the fuck out