Chapter Sixty-Seven

"LEON!"

Leon struggled to free himself from the Titan. He tried to use his blade to get out of the Titan's grasp, but the Titan tightened its grip around him. With his free hand, he stabbed the Titan at its fingers but it only angered it, the Titan tightened its grip at him, Leon cried out in pain at the snapping of his bones, he has let go of his blade and started to punch the Titan.

"LEON!"

Connie came and cuts the Titan's wrist off of its arm, and before Leon could fall, Jean came and grabbed him and brought him to a roof.

"You alright?" Jean asked.

"My arm!" Leon winced in pain.

Jean checked on Leon's arm and saw the snapped bone inside and how it was misplaced. He winced at the sight of it.

"We need to get this to a medic." Jean said.

"What medic?!" Leon said, clutching to his side. "THERE'S NO ONE LEFT IN THE BASE!"

Everything was turning to a living hell. Jean turned to the battlefield, Titans walked in the district, killing soldiers, destroying the buildings, Jaegerists battling Marleyan soldiers, Mikasa and Armin battling the Cart Titan, Iris still in her comatose state, while Eren was now gone – beheaded by Gabi with her rifle. Jean cursed under his breath, he always thought that they would make it out alive – all of them – and one day sit down in a bar and have a drink with everyone, that was until Sasha died when he knew that it was never going to happen now...

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit!" Jean muttered.

"Jean..."

Jean turned to Leon, he looked at him right at the eye waiting for what his friend was going to say.

"Tell Sofia and Iris... that I'm sorry if I... couldn't live up to my promise of us three seeing the world together... and make sure to tell the baby... that I'm sorry..."

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Jean yelled.

Leon coughed out blood. Jean watched in horror as his friend clutched to his side as he continued to cough violently.

He must've fractured his ribs when that Titan grabbed him.

"OI, LEON, LISTEN TO ME!" Jean helped Leon to his feet. "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DIE HERE! THINK ABOUT SOFIA AND THAT KID OF YOURS! THE KID, DON'T YOU WANT TO SEE THAT KID GROW UP! OI!"

"You're damn loud, horse face." Leon let out a raspy chuckle, but then started to cough violently.

~*~

"Iris... you need to stop the war... activate the rumbling... To activate the Titans in the Walls, even if it were just the Titans surrounding Shinganshina... it could ensure Paradis Island's safety for the next fifty years." Eren explained. "In doing so, the other nations, and Marley won't threaten the island and our people, that is enough time to make good relations, show the people that we're not who they say we are."

Iris turned to the Founder Ymir. She knelt down before the girl and held out her hand to the girl. Zeke was confused at Iris' actions, he has stated it earlier that Ymir was nothing but a slave to the royal family, granting them what they wanted, yet Iris knelt down before Founder, stretched out her hand before the girl asking for the power.

"Founder Ymir... please... lend me the power of the Founding Titan." Iris said.

Ymir, for the first time since they all came to this world, raised her head to look at Iris and then placed her dirty hand on Iris'. Ymir then tugged Iris, asking her to follow her once again, Iris trailed after Ymir, following her to the light that connected all the paths of the Eldians. Iris placed her hand in the light.