Part 29 - Hold The Door

*Billie's POV*

It had been three days since the gig. And four days since Wyatt texted. I bit my lip. "I'm just going to text him back." I said quietly to my empty apartment. I was sitting on my couch, staring at my phone, contemplating what would happen if I did text him.

I went into the message and read it over again.

Hey Billie. It's Wyatt. I got your number from a friend at the party, I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to say I had a really great time at the party and I want to see you again. I'm sorry if I'm being insensitive. x

I took a breath. I started to type him a message back.

Hey Wyatt. Sorry I haven't texted you back until now. I've just been really...upset. With Matty. You were right. He was a dick. I was thinking we could go for coffee somewhere one day? Thanks for being a friend, I really need one. x

A tear slid down my cheek as I sent the message. I missed Matty so much. So fucking much. I just wanted him back.

But I knew it wouldn't - couldn't be that simple.

My phone went off with a text soon after, and stupidly my first thought was that it was Matty. I bit my lip as more tears started to fall, bringing my knees up to my chest. Stupid girl, I thought.

My eyes were blurry from the tears, but I read the text.

Hey Billie. Coffee sounds great. Today? Six? x

I texted back with a 'yes' and the address of a coffee shop in town. Not the same coffee shop I went to with Matty, that was too special. I couldn't do that. If I did, I'd die a little bit inside, because, my memories of him would fade.

I got changed out of my pyjamas and into a a pair of jeans and a black long sleeved shirt. I realised it was Matty's after putting it on, his scent was still on it. I ripped it off my body quickly and threw it across the room. It hit the wall and sank to the floor. I stared at it blurry-eyed and damp cheeked. I got another, white, shirt of my own, gave Matty's shirt one last look before exiting my apartment.

I walked down the hall to the elevator and after a floor it stopped abruptly, someone else was getting on from the fourth floor.

The doors nearly closed before the person entered and I heard a male voice call "Hold the door!". I stuck my hand out to open the doors again and Wyatt stapled into the elevator.

"Oh- this is awkward." He said.

"It would've been awkward anywhere, Wyatt." I said, smiling lightly.

"So you live here?" We asked at the same time. We laughed.

"Yeah." We said at the same time again.

"Well do you want to come up to my apartment then, instead of the coffee shop? I make a better coffee anyway." He laughed. We were on the floor of the car park.

"Okay." I said. We took the elevator up to his apartment and Wyatt led me in. It was similar to mind on the structural side, but where my apartment had quirky and off-beat decorating, Wyatt had sleek black coffee tables and ...black everything. It made for a very 'masculine' apartment.

"So - how've you been?" He asked.

"Shit." I replied

He laughed. I smiled weakly.

"I just wanted to apologise. For putting you in the middle of everything. I didn't mean to make you feel horrible." I said. He laughed again, flashing his row of straight white teeth.