Book 3 ~ Chapter 1

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

It's been a few weeks since Harmonic Convergence, the spiritual event that caused a major shift in the earth's energy. However, that wasn't the only thing that changed. Vines started growing around Republic City, that caused a few citizens to leave their homes, and Korra has been trying her best to ease the situation. Mako and Bolin's apartment was unfortunately one of those citizens that were affected. They had been staying on Air Temple Island ever since. Mako and I got a permanent job at the Police Department, but Mako has been taking the job way too seriously for the last couple of weeks. I was in my apartment getting ready to go to Air Temple Island. I recently bought an apartment near the Police Station, so that it's easier for me to travel between home and work. Lord Zuko bought me a really nice place, even thought I told him I could've taken care of it. I arrived at Air Temple Island around sundown. I went inside and headed for the dining room. When I got there, I was confused when I saw Bumi punching the air.

"Hey, guys," I greeted, everyone looked up from the table. The airbending kids all waved at me, and I smiled at them.

"Come and sit down, Lei, there's still plenty of food," Tenzin said, I nodded and took a seat next to Bolin.

"What's wrong with Bumi?" I whispered to Bolin.

"He keeps telling us that he can airbend," Bolin replied, I raised my eyebrow.

"I swear! I'm not making it up," Bumi said, as he continued doing airbending poses.

I grabbed a bowl of rice and a pair of chopsticks, and started eating. Pema's food was always the best. I sipped on the cup of tea laid out in front of me. Bumi has been making poses for fifteen minutes, and Tenzin got annoyed.

"Stop waving your hands around at the table! It's not funny anymore," Tenzin said strictly.

"It's not a joke," Bumi retorted.

Just then, Korra and Asami had entered the room, I looked behind them to see if Mako had gone with them. I haven't seen him since I left the Station earlier this afternoon. Korra took a seat next to me and leaned towards us.

"What's up with him?" Korra asked, referring to Bumi.

"Bumi says he can airbend but he can't now, and OH, I guess he's not very good knitting either. I gotta say I love being a part of this family, we got the grumpy dad, the wacky uncle, the stressed mom, crazy kids! Yo, this is great," Bolin replied.

"Hey, Lei, where's Mako?" Asami asked, I put down my bowl of rice.

"I haven't seen him since I left the station," I replied.

"Oh, you mean the brooding teenager? He's staying at the Police Station," Bolin said, I looked at him.

"Still?" Korra commented.

"What do you mean still? Has he been staying there the whole time? Why didn't he just stay here?" I asked concerned.

"I told him Tenzin invited us hre since our apartment is a vine habitat now, but he said he had to focus on work," Bolin said, doing an impression of Mako. I chuckled.

"Lei, why don't you talk to Mako?" Asami asked, I raised my eyebrow.

"Why me?" I asked, Bolin and Asami exchanged looks.

"Well, I mean, you are his partner in crime," Bolin said casually.

"And you guys are the closest," Asami added, I narrowed my eyes at my two friends wondering what they were thinking.

"Alright, I'll stop by after dinner," I sighed, as I went back to eating my bowl of rice that was halfway done. 

"I think the napkin moved!" Bumi said, out of the blue.