Chapter 9- Comedy Play

Dovie

"Romeo, oh my Romeo. Where art thou, my Romeo?" I called out as I walked on stage, pretending to look for Mr. Willing whereas he was standing right behind Zoe, the tree.

"Juliet, my love," Mr. Willing called out, walking forward then looked behind me, shocked.

"Romeo?" I heard a familiar voice calling out behind me.

Slowly, I turned around to find Niti already in the balcony, looking down at Mr. Willing and I. A smile appeared on my lips and I took a deep breath in.

"Oh Juliet, oh my sweet Juliet," Mr. Willing walked towards the ladder with a smile. "There you are."

"Who are you?" Niti asked me in confusion, completely out of her character.

I slowly turned to the audience and found them all staring at me in confusion, probably wondering the same exact thing.

"I'm uh- I'm—" before I could answer, I find someone walking towards us with another Elizabethan dress only to realize that it was Cassie.

"Now who are you?" Mr. Willing asked in confusion.

She pretended to slap Mr. Willing, shocking Niti and I. "You arrogant fool. You forgot your own mother because of Juliet?"

Everyone in the crowd started laughing slowly. Oh God, what was the play turning into?

"Mom?" Mr. Willing called out in confusion then played along as realization hit him. "Oh mother!"

They laughed a little more when realization hit Mr. Willing.

"Romeo, where are you, Romeo?" Niti called out again, waiting for Romeo's line. "Please come back to me."

"What the hell is going on?" I whispered to Cassie.

"It's Chloe," Cassie whispered back and now we had Zoe's attention. "She messed with Niti and Kol. That's why they were late."

"I will not spare her," Zoe stormed to the backstage with the leaves still covering her face.

"Oh Romeo, look at the weather! The tress are moving and falling!" Niti exclaimed when Zoe stormed out. "Even the weather is getting worse, where are you, my Romeo?"

The audience laughed even more when Zoe rushed backstage with the leaves. Niti took that opportunity and made it seem as if a storm was coming.

"I need you to find the cue cards, I don't know the lines," Mr. Willing whispered to Cassie and she nodded.

"I'll get right on that," Cassie whispered then gestured me to face Chloe who was being dragged by Zoe to the stage. "Until then, do something about Chloe. I'm sure she also hid the cue cards to mess up our play."

"Romeo?" Niti called out dramatically, waiting for Mr. Willing to say something.

"Juliet, here I am," Mr. Willing smiled and pulled out a flower from Travis's leaves.

"What took you so long, my darling?" Niti questioned.

Mr. Willing turned to face at me, waiting for me to say something. I simply shrugged and pointed to Chloe subtly, signaling that she must have the cue cards.

"I'll be back in one minute, my love," he announced and walked towards Chloe and Zoe, across from me and behind the curtain.

"But I—" Niti stopped and stared at the audience in confusion as they chuckled.

I found Zoe pushing Chloe on stage, but she wouldn't budge. Mr. Willing whispered something to her and she shook her head, pretty sure they were talking about the cue cards.