19. MORTAL PROJECTIONS

CHAPTER NINETEEN
[MORTAL PROJECTIONS]

"Liv and I went and picked some stuff up for you earlier

"Liv and I went and picked some stuff up for you earlier." Tyler nods. "Let me know if you need anything else." He forces out an awkward smile.

Molly glances at him and nods. The two were standing in the doorway of her old bedroom in the Lockwood mansion. Since Kai took down the anti-magic border, everyone could go back home. She inhales sharply. "It's weird being back here." She looks around.

He sighs and looks around with her. "Yeah."

Molly turns to him as he looks around. "Thank you." She says. "For letting me stay here."

"It's what Mom would've wanted." He shrugs.

Molly smiles faintly and he sends her a nod before turning around and leaving her to herself. She shuts the door quietly and looks around. Her room hasn't changed at all, the same faint yellow and white old wallpaper, the same lace curtains, the same mirror vanity with the music box on it, the same pictures hung on the wall, the same floral pink bed cover with matching pillows.

She walked over to her dresser and admired the photos in the picture frame. A picture of Tyler and Molly at the lake was sat next to her framed honor student certificate. She scoffed and rolled her eyes at how insignificant that certificate was to her now.

Molly glanced at the clock. It was ten twenty, so there was no sign of Kai for the past nine hours. And she didn't know if she should be relieved or worried.

She walked into the bathroom, turned on the shower, undressed, and got in. The hot water soothed her skin, and she closed her eyes as she let the water hit her face.

It didn't take long before she started to sob again.

The water was loud enough to where she could let it all out and Tyler wouldn't hear. Her tears mixed with water as she cried.

She was a smart girl— but how could she be dumb enough to trust a sociopath?

She was embarrassed, and scared. Not for her life, but for her friend's. Who knows where he is? Or what he'll do? This was all her fault.  But she couldn't tell them— she couldn't tell them she was the one who let him out. Not only will they hate her— but that'd be putting a target on her back for an entire coven to come and shoot at. 

He might've covered for her today, but she'd completely lost her trust in him. Something she shouldn't have even had in the first place.

She should've learned from what happened with Rebekah.

Molly wanted to pull her hair out in frustration. This was her fault— and there's nothing she could do to change that.