Dilemmas

She sighed, lips pursed down, eyes narrowing at the spreadsheet before her. These numbers just kept climbing. Wasn't this supposed to get easier? Instead, now she was faced with a dilemma. The big box stores carrying her line were not bringing in enough to cover her new hires. Lucille's amethyst eyes glanced out into her office. Her newest hire, Fared, a troll with a heart of gold, anxiously watched his supervisor demonstrate laying out the fabric to be custom printed. His large brown eyes grew wide at the task laid ahead of him. This would be a challenge for him, he had never been exposed to such high-end technology. Lucille knew it would be a risk bringing in a troll from the Bronx on a whim but damn if that boy couldn't do the fastest saddle-stitch Lucille had ever seen. Now he was eager to prove himself, prove his species could do more than just enforcer work. She couldn't drop him. Not when the gentle giant was just starting. 

There had to be another way. Her eyes glowed as the large white binder floated across the room, its pages opening to the recent list of client requests. There had to be a big fish, someone who needed a gown, despite it being out of season. All the award ceremonies had passed for celebrities, balls weren't for another 8 months and weddings...Lucille's lips pursed inwards. A wedding dress would be a risk, not that she hadn't done it before. It was just always a crapshoot depending upon the client. Too big of a name, too high up a species, and she would be the one fronting the bill for last-minute changes. But if there was just the right client....it would give enough to cover everyone, including Fared. Her eyes scanned the list of requests. 

Regina Kane, sister of the Tyrant, the Werewolf King, had found her mate. She needed a dress for the ceremony, and it was in 2 months. A smile curved on her lips as the phone floated from across the room into her hands.

"Hello, this is Lucille Rose," She spoke to the other line. "I'd like to let Her Highness know that I would personally love to accept the honor of designing her gown."