chapter 39

Billie's POV

"You suck at this game." Katherine said, beating me in the zombie-killing game for the third time.

I wrote a song about The Walking Dead, I should be good at this. But, I'm not.

We've been at the arcade since noon, and she's won at almost everything. But it's okay, I'll get her back.

She seems to be feeling way better, but I think she's just pushing through the pain.

"Ten more tickets for who? Oh yeah. Me." She said, waving her tickets in my face.

I rolled my eyes.

"Come on baby, you know I'm just teasing. We gonna but something together with them." She said, looking over to the ticket station.

"I'm not mad, just competitive." I say, which causes her to frown.

"You can't win at everything." She poked my nose, laughing.

She's so fucking cute.

She put makeup over her bruises before we left, but surprisingly they were already faded pretty well even without it. It's been two days since we got back from the hospital and she hasn't left my side since.

It was almost 3pm, and I think we were both tired of playing games, so we decided to call it quits for the day.

She grabs my hand, leading me to the ticket station to count out all of the tickets we got. We put them together, but I counted hers first and then mine.

She got over ten thousand, I got two hundred.

Lame.

"Bro, look at this." I said, pointing to a red stuffed animal that resembled something close to the devil.

"I like this one." She said, pointing to the one beside it, the angel.

"Let's get both, it adds up to six thousand. They're three thousand each. We can match."

"Wow I'm glad you can do math, babe." I teased.

We were about to buy the stuffed animals, before a big group of people came running up to me, almost trampling me.

"Billie!" I hear coming from almost every direction.

"Hi loves! Calm down babies, I'll get to all of you." I say, hugging each and every one of the teenage girls swarming me.

The workers looked pretty confused.

"Oh my god is that Katherine! Hi Katherine!" They yelled, waving at Katherine who was only a few centimeters behind me.

She smiled, waving back.

Eventually I got to them all, and I told them I needed to leave. Needless to say, we never got the stuffed animals.

"That was crazy." Katherine said as we walked out of the building, still having them follow us.

"Very."

~

We had just settled back in at my house, playing music on my speaker when Katherine looks over at me, showing me her phone, scrolling through pictures.

"Which ones do I post?" She asks, showing me all the pictures I took of her today.

"I think you look good in all of them baby."

"That doesn't help." She said, pouting.

She clicks on one, then sat, wondering what to put as the caption.