Mighty Peter

"Get your feet off the table." Natasha quipped as Tony crosses his ankles on top of the coffee table.

"It's my coffee table in my tower." Tony was unphased as he rested his head against the back of the couch.

"It's rude." Steve chastised over his sketchbook.

"I'm always rude."

Steve rolled his eyes while Natasha threw the TV remote directly into Tony's knee. He yelped and removed his feet.

"Peter is on his way up." FRIDAY announced.

"Finally, some entertainment!" Tony grinned, thinking of all the things he could show Peter in the lab.

Peter strolled in. "Hi guys!" He beamed at the group in the living room and waved.

There was a chorus of greetings while Peter put down his backpack on a countertop. When he spun around though, he stunned his toe on something hard.

A noise came from the back of Peter's throat immediately. He grabbed his foot with his hand in pain.

"What happened?" Steve gave Peter his attention.

"Just stubbed my toe on Thor's hammer. Why does he leave it on the floor?"

Tony laughed. "I need to make some rules about where he can leave that thing."

Natasha grumbled her agreements. The day she'd tripped over the hammer was not a pleasant one for Thor.

"Yeah." Peter sighed. "Think he'd listen?" He leaned over and lifted the hammer. "Should I just put it in his room? Maybe with a sticky note?"

When he looked up from the hammer, he saw Steve and Tony wearing shocked expressions. Natasha looked as surprised as she could. Bruce, on his way through, dropped his papers and Clint whistled in disbelief from his spot in the vent.

"Sorry." Peter slowly put down the hammer and raised his hands. "I wasn't aware I wasn't allowed to touch it. In the spirit of full disclosure, I've tried out Hawkeye's bow, and I use Steve's special weights when I workout. Sorry."

"Is that the real thing?" Tony blurted out at the exact same time Steve said "We aren't mad at you."

"I think it's real?" Peter relaxed and picked up the hammer again. He placed it in Tony's lap. "Can you tell?"

Tony tried to pick the hammer up or stand up. It was no use - he was stuck. "Kid, I can't pick this up. You need to move it."

"Sorry Mr. Stark. I didn't realize I was using excessive force to pick it up." Peter quickly snatched the hammer. "Why are you all staring at me like that if you aren't mad?"

"We're just surprised you can lift it?" Natasha supplies.

"It isn't that heavy."

"Apparently only those who are worthy of ruling Asgard are able to lift it. None of us can, except Steve who can move it a tiny bit." Bruce informed him.

"I'm barely handling this superhero business. I'm going to leave the ruling to Thor I think." Peter put the hammer back in the same spot.

"You touched my bow?!"

**Sorry for the longer break before this fic - I enjoyed my Labor Day Weekend and I Hope most of you got a chance to as well. Also, as school is starting up again and I'm a busy college student, my works probably won't be updated as often or they might be shorter. I'll do my best though!