in which paul has a blue christmas

Author's Note: So I've done something that might be kind of dumb, but whatever I'm going for it. I have created a TikTok account entirely dedicated to this story and I exclusively post videos that joke about this fanfiction. I personally think it's hysterical and would greatly appreciate if you go check it out. I am TikTok user @ bmomt !! (Additionally, if any of y'all wanna make funny/cute/serious/meme TikToks about Break Me One More Time, go for it! And make sure you use the hashtag #bmomt and tag me @ bmomt so that I can check it out.)

***

Barney and Paul stood opposite one another in Paul's kitchen in the wee hours of the morning. Paul sighed as he finished recounting the story of the night before, of everything that Roger and Deaky had told him, Yoko, and George.

"Well, shit," Barney said. "You're sure John and Ringo didn't overhear any of this? Or, for that matter, Freddie and Brian?"

"Yeah," Paul said, nodding. "George went to distract them."

"And Roger and John have got no idea how they got here?" Barney asked.

"None at all," Paul said, shaking his head.

"Are you sure they weren't lying to you?" Barney asked, eyebrows raised.

"I mean, I'm pretty sure," Paul said. "They both seemed really shaken up about the whole thing."

Barney sighed. "Yeah, I just... I don't know how we can be sure we can trust them."

"We could bring them in and talk to them, perhaps?" Paul suggested.

"We don't want them to know about the Unknowables if they can't be trusted, though," Barney said.

"But if they're out here all on their own and they do need someone to explain what's going on then we need to be those people," Paul said. "We want them on our side. We need as many people as we can get on our side."

"Yes, but only if we can really trust them," Barney said.

"Well, how are we gonna figure that out?" Paul asked.

Barney sighed. "I think we're going to have to have a meeting."

"A meeting?" said Paul. "When?"

"Now."

***

"Hello, Mr. McCartney," said Darren, the leader of the Unknowables. "Mr. Harrsion, Miss Ono. Thank you for coming in on such short notice."

They all nodded, murmuring things that all fell somewhere along the lines of, "Of course" and "No problem".

"Right this way," said Darren. "We're gonna be talking with a few of our team members." He led them into a room that was just a little bit smaller than the one they had been brought to initially. There, at the head of the long table that took up a lot of that room's space, was Marbella Giasson.

She looked up from the countless folders spaced out before her. She smiled, amused. "Hello, Paul. Nice to see you again."

Paul crossed his arms. "Mhm," he huffed out tightly.

"Who —" George began, frowning, looking back and forth between Paul and Marbella. "Who's she?"

"The President of the Shadows," Paul bit out.

"What?!" George cried.

"Former President of the Shadows, Paul," Marbella sighed. "I'm on your side now, remember."

"Whatever," Paul snapped. "Doesn't change the fact that last time we met you strapped me down and hooked me up to a machine that dug through my memories and gave them right to you. Doesn't change the fact that you want John dead —"