Chapter 17

"'Cause you colors showedBut it was too late, you left me stained, caught it offDo you crave control?I've been your doll, that you poke for fun too longSo you should goDon't look back, I won't come backCan't do that no more

But it was too late, you left me stained, caught it off
Do you crave control?
I've been your doll, that you poke for fun too long
So you should go
Don't look back, I won't come back
Can't do that no more."

Delilah's POV

Delilah's POV

I had gotten back home a few hours ago, and Calvin's proposal was still fresh on my mind. Did Archer know about any of this? Did he know what his father was planning all along and didn't even tell me? I continued asking myself these questions when my baby brother stumbled in, still learning how to walk. Giving him a soft smile, I picked him up and placed him on my lap. He started getting overly excited and began to say my nickname in his little raspy voice.

" Dee.. dee.. dee " I chuckled and stroked his hair.

" Yes, baby, Dede's right here. No need to get too excited. " I walked out of my room with him on my hip and made my way downstairs to see my father glaring at Uncle Blaine, who looked like he was going to piss himself. 

" What are you hiding from me, Blaine? " He asked after a few moments, and Uncle Blaine chuckled nervously as his eyes glanced over to me for help.

" What's going on.. " I asked, and my father looked over to me briefly before glaring back at him.

" It's quite coincidental that the moment my anger peaks, Calvin withdrawals himself from the very thing that started this all. I don't know why the hell he did it, but he wants out of the contract. " I tilted my head in 'confusion' though I knew exactly what he was talking about.

" ...Isn't that good news? " 

" Of course it is, but this mother fucker hasn't spoken to me all day, and he usually calls me at least 3 times to annoy the hell out of me and the only time he doesn't is when he's done something wrong- " He said going to continue, but it seemed that Tyler had caught his cursing slip up.

" Da, bad word. " He said, and my father looked over to him for a split second before feeling a little tug on his pants. He looked down to see Trinity holding a cute plastic piggy bank that was pink and blue.