S E C O N D - E N D I N G

Shawn didn't wake up, his ghost disappeared after our last try. The heart monitor stopped beeping, doctors rushed in. It was a sad sight, they tried everything to bring him back, but nothing worked.
They took the tubes out of him, removed the IV's. They notified his parents and they came rushing over. I stood at the door way with tears streaming down my face.
This time we actually lost him.
Shawn was gone and was never coming back.
I walked over to his now cold body, "I'm so sorry Shawn. I tried, I really did. I just wanted to tell you that, over the time we spent together I fell for you. Seeing you here breaks my heart, knowing that yours isn't beating anymore."
I ran my fingers through his soft hair. I ran my fingers over his eyes, his cheekbones, his cold lips.
"I'll miss you, Shawn. My ghost boy, I love you."
I placed a kiss on his lips, gave him one last look over, turned and walked out of the room not looking back.

I didn't go to the funeral a few weeks after Shawn died a few years back. I just couldn't, I felt horrible and I said by goodbyes then.
Now I'm year two into my college education. And everyday I miss him, it hurts but I keep pushing on.
"Hi! Um I new here, and I'm not sure where this class is at. Could you point me in the right direction?"
His voice sounded familiar...
I looked up at the boy, and nearly choked.
"S-Shawn?" I whisper.
"No I'm sorry, my name is Peter. Who's Shawn?"
I smiled lightly, "the love of my life. You look exactly like him actually."
"Oh! Well he must be one handsome guy then! Where is he?"
I sighed, "he's no longer with us. Let me see your paper."
He handed it to me, "yeah I'm going there next. How do you have year two classes?"
He smiled at me, "I transferred here, what's your name?"
"Cassandra."
We started walking to our class. "Cassie, is that alright?" I smiled at him, "that's perfect."
This is all to soon, and crazy. But I've seen a ghost.. so maybe it crazy.
"Hey do you mind if I get your number?" He asked me.
"Uh no I guess not."
We switched numbers, and talked more about what he liked to do. He likes to play sports and sing everyone in a while. He has a little brother named Austin, and a cat named pepper.

Ever since he came up to me that day we have been inseparable. And I liked it, because now we were together. But I felt guilty in a way. He looked and sounded so much like Shawn. It made my heart hurt and happy at the same time.
Oh what am I going to do?