Chapter 1

Darkness. That was all I could see. I don't even feel anything. So how am I supposed to know if my eyes are open or not? Is this how death feels like? I don't know if I should like it or not. It's so peaceful that I don't even want to complain. But at the same time, it's boring.

Do I even have a body? I guess not, since I don't feel anything. Then is it my soul that's wandering around the darkness around me? That's... cool? I guess.

As my soul wandered around what felt like an eternity, I could feel something close coming near me. Feel? I can feel something? So I do have a body?

"Oh? What's this? A lost soul wandering around the void?" a manly voice called out.

I tried to speak back but nothing came out from me. The voice confirmed my theory of not having a body.

"Hmm? No answers? Are you asleep or you don't know how to communicate with me?" the voice questioned himself.

I can answer back to him? How? Telepathy is the only thing that comes to my mind, so I can try that.

'Hello? Can you hear me?' I thought awkwardly.

"Oh? You did know how to answer! Why didn't you answer me the moment I spoke to you? It hurts when you are ignored." the voice joked hurtfully and I think I hear him sniffing.

'Hahaha. Now that's funny. While you're at it, can you tell me why I am here?' I asked, not putting much energy into my laugh.

"Can't you play along with my joke? It took me many times to perfect it." The voice said with a disappointed voice.

"But you do need an explanation." the voice cleared his throat with a cough.

"First, the reason why you are wandering here is because..."

'...is because?'

..............

"I do not know." he said bluntly.

'...'

"Don't give me a silence treatment! You would say the same thing in my position!" he shouted at me.

'You could have said soooooooooooo many things about me being here but you chose the "I do not know" card.' I commented with a clear disappointment in my thoughts.

"Hey! I may not know the reason why you are here but I can at least reincarnate you!" the voice tried to save himself by changing the topic.

Reincarnate? Hmm... sounds like a great idea but I kind of don't want the protagonist spot. I would have to make myself look great and stuff, which is a pain in the neck if you ask me.

"You know what? I won't bother asking if you want to reincarnate or not. I'm going to send you, right now, at this moment." the voice said as he snapped his fingers.

'Wait!? Right now!? You piece of-'

=====

"WAAAH!!" two babies cried in the arms of a man. He had a smile on his face as he faced his wife, who laid on a futon in front of him.

"Honey, we got a twin! A boy and a girl!" the man said happily as he placed the babies next to his wife's head. He placed the girl close to her head and the boy next to the baby girl.

The man's wife was breathing heavily. The energy she had was mostly taken away from her as her babies were born. She hugged both of the crying babies with one arm and cried. She was smiled with full of happiness as she caressed both of the babies.