Perfect Recipe For Mischief

Starset - Manifest

Stuck in this state, misaligned

Trapped inside the looking glass

Tell me when will all this pass

Oh, how I hate the silver line​​

When Sensei Wu finally finished telling the story, three of the four ninja followed him onto the deck, somewhat frustrated with Sensei's solution to the young blond boy. To them, all that training during the daytime was a lot of work. But Lloyd did not get the consequences they wished for.

''We had to train all day, and he gets read a bedtime story?'' Cole complained to the old man.

''Hmm, you're right, I nearly forgot. Why are you still not training? Did you find the answer to the riddle?" Sensei Wu questioned the three.

Kai sighed in his defeat. ''No, Sensei. We still don't know what the best way to defeat your enemy is.'' The boy answered.

Dejectedly, the ninja began to walk away.

''It is to make them your friend,'' Wu answered them, turning and leaving afterwards.

Sleep-deprived, you then crawled out of the shadows onto the deck. Kai looked down at you and jumped a few centimetres in the air out of fright at your appearance, being the first to notice you. The other two promptly noticed your presence, eyes widening.

''If you dare hurt Lloyd, there'll be more than one bone to fix... and trust me, there's plenty to break.'' Your hoarse voice came out as you glared up at them.

Cole and Zane looked at Kai before going past him to go to bed, leaving just you and Kai.

You don't remember putting yourself to sleep. But you remembered a creak of the door in the night as you woke up while wrestling with the pillow for comfort. And well, with the covers too, which were now on the floor.

Shaking your leg, a wood splinter came out, which you pulled off with a look of disgust. Looking around, you didn't have long until Lloyd was in your way, staring at you with a mischievous grin.

''Boo.'' The boy greeted...? Whatever. His bright green eyes, mixed with flecks of red here and there, a colour that resembled his father's crimson, bore into your very being. You scooted away as best as you could on your bed so you could have some space.

''Okay, why are you in my bedroom?" You intelligently questioned. The boy held up a few choice items, that being a sledgehammer, some detergent, a few vials of something probably nasty, and a toolbox. One at a time though. Lloyd didn't have the strength to lift the toolbox and the sledgehammer together.

''Master Wu wanted me to prank the others, and I may need your help...'' Lloyd answered with his grin slowly turning into a smirk.

You grinned. ''Deal.''

Kai picked up his game controller, ready to play. Lloyd poked his head in, stopping his whistling.

''Hey, Kai! Ha. Saw Cole beat your high score. You should have seen it. It was pretty spectacular.'' Lloyd informed the Hothead.

''Uh, you must be talking about Sitar Legend. This is Fist to Face 2. No one beats me on my game.'' The Porcupine retorted confidently.