Epilogue - Be Quiet and Obey

"Double shot espresso to go please, Evie."

Evie smiled at Richard, the Cafe's regular. He had his expensive suit jacket tucked under his arm and tie loosened, signalling the end of a long day.

"Need an extra strong caffeine boost?" She asked.

"You know it." He sighed. "I've got a ton of admin to get through tonight."

"Coming right up." She moved behind the espresso machine and started humming to herself whilst grinding the roasted beans.

Kevin smiled and gestured towards the machine. "You're getting the hang of it."

She grinned sheepishly. "Thanks, boss."

He yawned and rolled up his sleeves, exposing his colourful tattoos. "Nearly time to close up, I can't wait to get out of here and grab a cold beer."

She nodded in agreement, it had been a particularly busy day.

"Fancy grabbing one?" He asked casually.

Evie's forced a smile. "Thank you for the offer, but I already have plans."

He shrugged. "No worries, another time maybe."

Evie returned to the counter and handed Richard his coffee. He left in a hurry, thankfully without noticing her shaking hands.

"Evie looks like your ride is here." Kevin signalled towards the red Ford Fiesta parked out the front. "Why don't you head out, I'll finish cleaning up."

"Are you sure?"

He smiled. "Yes, it's no problem. Have a good night I'll see you tomorrow.

...

Evie jumped in the car and Melanie graciously accepted the hot coffee held out to her. "Ah, just what I needed! Thanks, Evez."

Evie sighed blissfully as she released her tight ponytail and rubbed her scalp. She fiddled with her dark locks which fell just below her shoulders.

Melanie waved at Kevin through the shop window before pulling away from the curb. "So, has the hipster with the tatts asked you out yet?"

"His name is Kevin," she replied, looking out the window. "Today he asked if I wanted to grab a drink."

Melanie squealed in excitement before composing herself. "Sorry."
She cleared her throat. "Did you invite him to the charity action tonight?"

Evie shook her head.

Melanie was quiet for a few moments. "Not quite ready yet?"

"I know that one day I will be, just.. not yet."

Melanie reached over and squeezed Evie's hand. "I know you will. Don't push yourself, ok? With a cheeky grin, she added, "Why don't you come along to my pole dancing class this afternoon? I'm instructing a beginner's class. Nothing more therapeutic than riding the pole."

Evie burst out laughing and shook her head. "I don't think pole dancing is for me."

Melanie pouted in response. "Boo."