【七十三】 haechan x dayoung moments ‣ pt. 2

1

1.

"hyuck? i'm thirsty."

sitting down on the bleachers next to haechan, dayoung used her index finger to poke his shoulder. it was after school but due to being absent for a few days, she was making up her missed assignments in gym class.

"is your saliva not sufficient enough?" he joked.

"i will push you down these steps. i didn't walk half a lap for this," dayoung huffed but gratefully grasped the plastic cup full of iced coffee.

she took the clear lid off and lifted it to her lips, only for haechan to raise an eyebrow at her.

"why do you have to take the lid off? just drink it normally!"

"what if you spit in the straw? i don't know."

"i'm not that mean."

"i caught you trying to spit in my cereal once!" the girl exclaimed, nudging haechan.

he scoffed. "you put toothpaste in my oreos!"

"oh, yeah," dayoung laughed and replaced the top of the cup. "that was funny. can't believe you fell for it."

"i—"

"thanks! i'll be done in a bit then we can head home!"

she put the coffee back down on the metal seat and popped up, rushing down the bleachers.

"i hope you trip!" haechan called out after her.

2.

christmas was nearing and dayoung wanted to express her gratitude to everyone in the company. she planned to bake a dessert and give them to the staff, the idols, etc. on the 24th.

so on the 23rd, she was in 127's kitchen with all kinds of ingredients laid out on the countertops. her laptop was opened, several tabs of different cookie recipes on display.

she followed the instructions on the screen to make the dough for chocolate chip cookies and called for some of the boys to try it.

taeyong, johnny, and jungwoo surrounded dayoung as she held up half a spoonful of dough to each of them.

"is it good?" she asked.

"how about you just give this to everyone? you don't have to bake it," joked johnny.

jungwoo patted her head. "it's good! can you make extra for nct only?" he giggled.

"sure thing!" dayoung cheerily responded, turning back to the bowl. "hyuck! what are you doing?!"

the boy in question was leaning through the kitchen pass-through, using his own spoon to scoop up some of the dough.

"i'm taste testing it!" haechan said.

dayoung shook her head and chuckled, nudging his shoulder back. "okay, that's all i needed. i'm gonna bake them now!"

the boys then left, wishing her luck on the way out, and she continued to busy herself with the cookies.

things were going well until dayoung turned away from the dough for a moment only to see a small part of it missing when she looked back.

she stared in confusion before noticing the top of someone's head rising up from behind the counter.

"HYUCK! STOP SNEAKING IN HERE TO EAT THE DOUGH OR I'LL SMACK YOU WITH A SPOON!"

laughter was heard, followed by haechan's rapid footsteps as he ran away with his own spoon in his hand.

3.

dayoung's gaze was focused on haechan from her seat on the hardwood floor. she was sitting on top of a spread out blanket, watching the boy pack his suitcase.

"do you really have to go?" she asked, shyly fidgeting her fingers that laid in her lap.

haechan let out a teasing chuckle as he stood beside her and patted her head. instantly, dayoung wrapped her arms around his right leg and squished her cheek against his thigh.

"it's only for a few weeks, yinnie," he began. "you were gone longer for your show than i'll be for my trip."

an unintentionally cute pout made its way to dayoung's lips and it took everything in haechan not to squish her face right then and there.

"come here, you baby," he sighed and bent down, pulling her into his arms.

"i can't just come with you? your mom loves me!"

"nuh uh. you have to stay here and prepare for dream's comeback soon."

dayoung huffed against haechan's hoodie covered chest and held him closer.

"you're the only person who actively responds to my memes and you're leaving," she mumbled.

"i'll still respond to them," haechan laughed. "the only thing that'll be different is that i won't be there to physically hit you when you send me a bad pun."

"that's alright. i'll make jisung listen to them instead."

haechan rolled his eyes with a smile before standing, pulling dayoung up with him. he led her over to his bed and fell back onto it, bringing her along.

"we can watch movies together when i land tomorrow night," he said. "but for now, let's just sleep."

"agreed."

with the blanket draped over the both of them, dayoung lazily hugged haechan's torso as he rested his chin on the top of her head. and like that, the two best friends slowly fell asleep.

終。
wow isn't this a shitty comeback LOL hope all of you are well and haven't completely forgotten about me yet