scene 4- sad

"Hey Twi, what's Wild doing? What's up with him?" Twilight followed the direction of Wind's pointed finger to Wild, who was facing away and leaning on a tree. For a moment, he struggled to think of a way to explain it to the child. "He's... sad." "Sad about what?" Wind tilted his head. "I don't know. Stuff. I don't know what he's thinking." "Oh."

It was true that he didn't know what he was thinking, but he did have a pretty good idea of what it was. He looked at Wild again and saw that he had stopped leaning on the tree and was now walking around it so that he wasn't visible. "I should go check on him." He stood up and walked over to the tree that Wild was at. "What's wrong?" Wild shrugged. "I dunno."

After a moment, Twilight said, "I'm  gonna go back. Are you good here?" Wild looked at him for a moment before saying, "Nah, I'll come with you." He stood up with Twilight and they walked back together.

"Hey, you're back! I was starting to get bored." Twilight rolled his eyes at Wind. He looked over at Wild, who had trailed behind a bit. "It's getting kind of late, I should probably be getting back," he signed. Before Twilight could respond, Wind answered. "Don't worry about that, time doesn't pass in your world while you're here." Wild just looked at him, confused. Time looked at Twilight and asked, "Did you not tell him?" "Tell me what?" Wild signed. Twilight chose to answer Time's question first. "No, I was waiting. I didn't want to overwhelm him." "I think he can handle it." "Handle what?" "He doesn't react well to too much information!" "I'm right here!" "He's strong." "You don't know his life!" "Neither do you!" "You're right, I don't. That doesn't mean I can't make an educated guess. Remember, you have told me some things." "Yeah, but- fine." "What in Hylia's name are you arguing about!?" "Twilight wants to tell you something important." "Yes. What Wind meant by 'your world' was the Hyrule that you live in. All of us are from Hyrule, but they're different Hyrules. The reason is that we're all Link." "What? Really?" "I don't know either. It's weird."

"Are all of... our adventures the same? Are they all part of the legend? With Calamity Ganon?" Before Twilight could answer, Wind stated, "I dunno, I wouldn't really describe Ganondorf as a calamity. More of an as-" "Stop," Time interrupted. "You mean-" "Right. Butt." "Not exactly what I meant, but fine. It works."
"Anyway, are they all the same?" "No, but they all involve some form of Ganondorf, the Triforce, a Link-" "That's us!" Wind put in. "-and a Zelda. Oh, and the master sword. Usually. Not always." "Oh. Has anyone ever... not succeeded?" "As far as I know, no." "Oh. So... I..." "Yes. That is true." "Oh..." Wind tilted his head and asked, "What's true?" "Oh, uh, nothing." "For some reason I don't believe you..." Wind scrunched up his face and rubbed his chin.

Twilight looked up at the sky and said, "Oh look, it's getting late. I should get a bed ready for Wild." He walked off and left the three of them at the makeshift table. "So, can you tell me about your adventures?" "Sure!" Wind began to excitedly tell the story. "So I started off on an island..."

●●●

"Then I stabbed him in the head!" "Wow, sounds cool." "It was. It was awesome." Wind looked at him for a moment. "You've been standing up the whole time. Why don't you sit down?" "I don't want to take up too much space." "There's a whole other side of the table that's empty! Sit there!" The statement and the way it was said made Wild smile, just a bit. "Alright," he signed, sitting down across from Wind and Time. He turned to Time. "Tell me about your story." "Gladly. I grew up in a forest..."

●●●

"Then, because I was too young to fight Ganondorf, I had to sleep for a long time-" "How long?" "7 years." "Oh. Just 7?" "Just 7." "Oh. What was it like when you woke up?" "It was like the apocalypse happened. Ganondorf had taken over." "That's familiar..." "Did the same thing happen to you?" Wind asked. "Not exactly."
Time continued his story, "Anyway, when I woke up..."

●●●

"And that's what happened." "Cool. Oh look, it's Twilight." He looked over at Twilight, who was walking over. Wind spoke up. "We told Wild about our adventures!" "Cool." "I'm tired. Can you show me my bed?" "Aaw, you didn't tell us your story!" "Some other time." "Let's go."

Wild followed Twilight to a group of sleeping bags. "Here's yours." He pointed to a blue one. "Mine is next to it. Wake me up if you need me." He pointed to a brown bed.

A guy with a scarf walked by and said, "Hey! You like blue? So do I!" Wild just waved at him. He saw another person looking at a painting on a tree, but then the painting moved. "There's a lot of people here. Are they all Links?" "Yup." "Also, why did it take you so long to get a sleeping bag?" "I decided to get food and firewood too." "Oh." "Remember, if you need help, get me." Wild nodded and watched as Twilight walked away.

"Guess I'm alone now," he whispered to himself.

Nobody here was like him. Well, they were, but nobody had a story like his. Nobody had a story where they failed. Nobody had a story where everyone died. Nobody had a story where they didn't remember anything.

Nobody knew what his story was like. He didn't plan on telling them, either. He didn't like telling it. It just upset him. Even Zelda barely knew what he remembered and didn't remember, because he never told her outright.

He didn't mind if they didn't know. Jut as long as they didn't bother him about it.