10

(Her)

Two days have passed since I came back and it's a relief to be able to work from home. I don't feel unwelcome here and I don't have to see the Alpha's and the Beta's family. Of course, I'm still seeing Alpha Franck as we work together but he is bearable. In other circumstances, we could have befriends... I think. He is in the dog house for asking me to come back and also for letting me freed Alistair. His mate even refused to speak with him. Anyway, he is now eating his lunch with us. Apparently he is liking my cooking too.

These passed days were quiet as I'm not looking for the mole anymore. My work is to organize the pack life day by day. Liam is also the CEO of a building company but Alpha Franck, who was the previous CEO, is managing it. They didn't change the patrols organized as I advised them but what can I do more. It's their lives that are in danger, not mine. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone. Andy is calling me. I'm smiling, it has been a while since we spoke.

"Good Morning Detective Thrudeau. It's been a while. How are you?"

"Hey Lilly, I'm good thanks and you?"

"I'm fine too, thanks! How can I help you?"

"I'm calling you because someone is digging your past. And they try to know what's happened 15 years ago. I didn't share any pieces of information as it's a confidential case."

" Who was asking about that?" 

" Your formers relatives. Elena Granloup three days ago and Aiden this morning."

"Well it's a bit late, don't you think? How did they figure out that something happened when they didn't even realize I was missing at this time? What the use to looking at it now?"

" I don't know. But I thought you would like to know. And there is more. Aiden is also asking around about Duncan."

I feel my anger raised. What is he looking for? Something to use against me. I swear if he is involved Duncan I will kill him! " Thank you for letting me now Andy. I hope to see you soon."

"It's normal Lilly. I hope to see you too. I miss you little miss sunshine!" He says trying to change my mood as he used to do. 

"Hey, I'm not that little anymore!"

" You will always be this brave little girl that faced her monsters when adults were scared. You always found the force to smile even after what you see. It makes me proud to be able to help you and to know someone like you. You're literally shining everything around you."

"Thank you. I miss you. Take care and see you soon."

"Bye, little miss sunshine."

That asshole! How dare he digs in my past. He doesn't have any right to do it now.

"Alpha Franck, do you know where is Beta Kaiden?"

"He should be in his office in the pack house, why? Everything is fine, you look upset?"

"Yes, everything is fine! I just have to clear some points with him." I say getting up and leaving the office.

"Hey, where do you go?" Collin asks me as he is playing with Harper.

"I going to the pack house. I need to speak with your Beta."

He started to get up and following in the garden. Right, I can't be alone in the pack territory, I forgot! He is stopped by Alpha Franck who tells him he will come with me. I don't care who he's coming I just keep walking.

~~~~~~

"How dare you investigate me? Who do you think you are?" I tell Aiden entering his office without knocking. Great, he is not alone, His father and Liam are here too.

"Nobody ever told you it's not polite to not knocking!" Liam tells me.

"Should not you be at the bed, resting?" I retort.