Chapter 43

Jason

Having the little 'TALK' with Bowen's parents wasn't the best part of any day, and it was also extremely embarrassing, only made worse by the returning she wolf herself. "Hi Sidney!" I was the first to notice her so I gave a heads up to cut the talking short for now. "Relax Jay I've calmed down, and really I shouldn't have taken off like that. I'm sorry if I offended you at all Cora, I understand you were only showing concern for all the boys, and you were correct in your worrying." Sidney stated while Cora seemed pleased with the little admittance from her. "What do you mean she's correct?!" Simon choked out in a panic.

 "Well if I do stick around a while, the topic of me going into season will have to be broached again with everyone's safety in mind, but it shouldn't be too much of a worry for now. I went through one a couple months before moving here so we should be good until winter rolls around. In any event that I'm still around all of you at that time well... we will cross that bridge when we come to it." Her words were direct towards all of us and helped to settle many of our worries since winter was seasons away. "Well little wolf I must say you are quite mature about all of this." Frank commented lightly as Sid met his gaze head on, he seemed surprised by the act. 

"Well Mr. Shaw I've had to grow up and learn fast ever since I was a pup, if I hadn't I wouldn't be here in the first place." Her tone was cold and calculated as she challenged his patience with her stare down. "Fascinating. I truly wish all of you the best of luck." Frank was the first to back down with a smile as he addressed us on a chuckle, Sidney seemed confused but kept quiet. "We'll be staying around for a day or two if that's alright, it's been too long since we've been back in the territory." Cora looked to Bowen who had been standing silently by Sidney's side, he looked like he wanted to decline. 

"Of course it's okay, a few extra wolves around might help out with the rogue situation, and considering you are Bowen's parents maybe I can learn a few interesting things about his younger days." Sidney was smirking and it only made Bowen look more irritated, but after a look from both she wolves present he caved. "Fine." He nodded curtly. "Great, now we've got to get to the sanctuary. Jason you're with Streaks and me today right?" She called over to me and I responded with a quick bobble head maneuver.

 "Alright then let's load up and head out, there's animals to feed and cages to clean!" Her order had us hurrying to load into Gavin's car. I was just thankful she gave me shotgun rights so I wouldn't be mauled by her pets in the backseat. She apparently wasn't bothered by them walking all over her and they were more than happy to have her company in the back with them. "You okay back there C.G?" Gavin chuckled as he climbed into the drivers seat. "You know I'm starting to think we need a bigger ride, but I'll be fine since it's not far to the sanctuary." Her response was given with a playful note, and then we were off to start the day.

                                                   Sidney

Okay I might have been slightly cramped with two large dogs crowding all over me and giving me lots of doggy kisses but once I got them to lay down it was a lot better. The only problem being was that when we got to the sanctuary my legs were asleep due to all the extra weight on top of them, but after a few minutes I got the circulation going by stretching them out while the dogs hurried over to Spartan's cage. Once Spartan was let out and gave me his happy greetings he went on to play with his two furry friends and I went to work with my two helpers of the day.