|24|~Let Me In~

Unedited.
Embry POV.

Water continues to escape from out of my lungs and it feels like I'm coughing up the entire pacific ocean from out of my lungs. My throat is on fire. Tremendous pain can be felt from my chest whenever I breathe in or out.

My brain starts to register the reality of my situation.

I almost drowned. My body sunk underneath the bath water as my mind slipped away to a more pleasurable time in my life. I've managed to almost escape this hell of the present and return to a more pleasured filled past. How I so desperately wish that I was successful.

That way, my mind would be able to share an eternity with my love ones and be reunited with one of the people that I loved the most. Kaya.

I was almost there but Cyrus prevented my escape. He once again has captured me and is now holding me hostage.

It's really such a shame.

"You're not going anywhere, sunshine," His words ring inside of my head. He was right, not even death can save me.

Cyrus delicate but rough hands are still pushing down on to my chest clearing out my airway. He continues to pump into my lungs are water free and the exact moment that my breathing pattern becomes normal he waste no time smashing his body into my own as if he's afraid that I will somehow miraculously disappear.

Oh, I wish it was that easy.

Cyrus strong and masculine figure is clinging onto my wet and delicate frame like a second skin. The desperation in his heart can be felt by his touch.

His need for me can be felt by his tender touch.

At this moment, he needs to feel me. Cyrus needs to feel my heart rate moving up and down against his chest and my breath existing my lungs to fan his skin. Cyrus needs to feel that I'm alive. His emotions are as clear as an azure sky on the deepest summer day.

The worry and dreadful feeling that spread throughout his body moments ago is even clearer. It's crystal clear but, yet I feel absolutely nothing. I'm numb and I don't know how to feel about that.

"Fuck! Embry. I thought I lost you," he expresses is concern that I've already been able to identify. "I can't lose you," he whispers into my soaking wet hair.

"I can't lose you. I can't lose you. I'm so sorry," he say the exact words that I have wanted to hear for what seems like forever at this point, but Cyrus is a little to late.

His apology means nothing to me.

I couldn't care less about what he needs. If he needed me, he wouldn't have bought me to this point. He wouldn't have broken me.

The feeling of relief that he's feeling is pointless because even with air flowing in and out my body I'm still dead.

He says that he can't lose me but the truth is he has already lost me.

Cyrus lifts the back of my head up off the soaking wet marble floor before he holds me closer towards his masculine frame. He holds me for a long while and only pull apart to stare into my glossy eyes.

I wonder what he sees when he looks at me now.

Does he see how broken I've become? I wonder if he is aware that he's responsible for this wreckage. This is his fault. Does he even care? It doesn't really matter now, does it?

It really is such a shame. Before, Cyrus my mind could have been compared to a perfectly cut diamond, luminous and strong. I used to see things a lot differently, then most. I didn't see the world as the way I've been taught to visualize it. To me there was always a better way out of the darkness.