Chapter 39: How It Should've Been

OMG! It had been soooooo long since I updated!! I am soooo sorry guys!!! Hope you're all still with me?

Thank you to my new followers: GirlDeath, KerriBerenguer, carrt84, Lexifer, Love_them_wolves, lovecookies8959, TylerWashington, Willanyonemissme, JoshandmarshaFranks, sweetzzz, paperfashion8, razzeljazz, sarcasm_alerttt, stakaya, Jellyfish1010, and Robert Richburg.

I love you all<3

_____________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) 

It's been a few days since I killed Damen's father and all the drama is finally settling down. Damen isn't even phased by the fact his father is gone, in fact I think he was going to kill him if I hadn't when I did. It was never easy to end a life, but it was absolutely necessary to end his. We also talked about Briella and her punishment, but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to kill her... or the innocent baby. As I said before, that baby did not ask to be conceived, it was an innocent life I could not allow to be taken as a result of its unfortunate parents. Briella will be remaining in the cells for the duration of her pregnancy, but there will be adjustments made to her cell, seeing as she needed certain things while she was pregnant, but no luxuries beyond that. After the baby is born we will finally decide what we should do with her, and the baby.  

Damen and I have been getting along even better than before. Everything is like it should've been from the start - well close. Seeing as when Damen and I mate, I will become the Luna of the pack, we have to remain in the pack house where all the pack's operations are based, and also so we can watch over all of its residents. But a small perk to being Alpha and Luna is that we get the top floor to ourselves and for our children. Evangeline, who was being looked after by Charlie and Riley while Damen and I were a little distracted, absolutely loves her new room. Damen surprised us by renovating one of the rooms and making it into her own little personalized bedroom. It is pink and filled with toys; Damen is surely spoiling the little girl who has him wrapped around her little finger. He treats her like she is his own, which all I could have ever asked for. He loves her, which warms my heart even further. 

Damen, Evangeline, and I are all heading out on small family vacation soon, but there were three people I have to see before I left: my Mom, Logan, and of course Riley. Speaking of Riley... 

Riley and I have finally had some time to catch up, seeing as a great deal of incidents has taken place since we have really talked. The truth was I missed my best friend - the one person who was there for me thick and thin, and even when I was in such a comatose state pre-Evangeline. Riley told me that there were absolutely no hard feelings about the whole "dating" thing we tried; he said that he thinks his infatuation with me may have been fueled by the fact that his mate was a total let down. He, like me, thought his mate would be the one person who would change everything and make them complete, the way only a mate could. But fate was as unfair to him as it was me in the beginning, his mate, Briella, for lack of a better term, sucks. She doesn't deserve to have Riley as a mate and he finally took control and rejected her.  

By far the best thing he told me about was his new little girlfriend - Lucy. He gets this dreamy look on his face every time he talks about her, saying that she is the most beautiful girl he has ever seen, and then continuing to describe every perfect detail that is her. It was adorable to say the least. He is utterly head over heels for her. It seemed like they were second chance mates - Riley's real second chance mate. She enraptured his every thought. They were always going out on the cutest little dates, always ending back at the same fountain where they met - cheesy, yes, but completely adorable. Since I was constantly hearing about her, it felt as if I had already met her, when in reality I am only meeting her tonight for the first time.