𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝒾𝓍

THE NEW ADDITION

 IT HAD BEEN A long nine months for everyone, not just Deborah

IT HAD BEEN A long nine months for everyone, not just Deborah. It was decided by everyone that pregnancy did not agree with her. Everything she had loved before become her worst enemy, she couldn't stand the taste of whiskey, Polly's apple pie had her puking all Christmas Day and the smell of cigarettes revolted her.

For that last reason, Tommy had mostly stayed cleared of his pregnant fiancé. At the beginning he had tried his best to be there for her and help with all the cravings, aches and mood swings, but eventually it became too much for the two of them. When she reached eight months and began gagging every time Tommy kissed her after a cigarette, the tired man had found something to keep himself from worry about her.

Tommy had finally bought Deborah the house he had been promising her since they were kids. A gorgeous old victorian mansion, out in the countryside. It was surrounded by acres of land and miles away from anyone or anything that could bother them. Tommy had made sure it included stables and a green house for both himself and Deborah. It was perfect and they were to move in as soon as Deborah had given birth.

The day of the birth was like any other cold wintery day in January. Deborah had joined John, Arthur and Finn in the betting shop to check all the books and numbers, to ensure everything was running smoothly. When she had picked up a rather heavy book, Deborah suddenly felt a warm liquid running down her legs.

"Fuck." She gasped, looking down to see a large puddle between her legs.

"What is it?" Arthur called from across the room. He had been desperate for a smoke, but Deborah had warned him he needed to be far away from her.

"My fucking water broke." Deborah croaked, leaning against the table.

Finn who had been siting beside the heavily pregnant women, gagged when he saw the puddle of water and blood by his feet. "That's fucking disgusting."

"How do you think you were born, Finny?" John laughed, rubbing his brother's hair.

Deborah screamed in pain as a contraction hit her and finally Arthur and John moved into action. The two brothers helped her into Tommy's old bedroom in Polly's house. Polly arrived soon after and ushered all the men out of the room.

"Where's Tommy?" Deborah cried, clutching the older woman's hand. "I need Tommy."

"We'll find him, princess." Arthur assured her, before the two men ran down the streets of Small Heath in search of their brother.

After an hour of contractions, screams and worrying about Tommy, Polly had announced it was time to push. Deborah shook her head violently, eyes wide with fear at the thought of going through it without the man she loved. Only seconds later, the door opened with a slam and Tommy rushed to Deborah's side.

"I'm here love, its okay." He calmed her. He sat behind her and pulled her between his legs and clutched her hand.

"Where the fuck were you?!" Deborah growled, as she began to push.