Chapter 2

It's been three days since Gyoumei saved us from the demons. We had been walking during that time. A very long walk while having lunch Gyoumei gave us. Our travel had been safe so far. No demons attacked us during the nights. I guess Gyoumei took care of them when he was coming to our house.

We introduced ourselves to each other on the first day of walking and it went kind of well. Himejima Gyoumei. Eighteen years old at the moment and is one of the Hashira A.K.A Pillar.

Kanae and Shinobu weren't used to long-distance travels so everytime they couldn't walk anymore, Gyoumei and I carried them and fastened our travel by running. I could have let Gyoumei carry them both but I also need muscle training if I want to become strong.

Gyoumei carried Shinobu while I carried Kanae because... you know... height and age-wise... Kanae is... better than Shinobu.

......

That sounded wrong...

What I'm trying to say is that Kanae is better for weight training than Shinobu.

"Nee, Shin-chan. Are you thinking something rude right now?" Kanae asked me with slight anger in her voice. Oh crap... I think I'm busted.

"W-What are you talking about, Nee-chan? I was just thinking about how long do we have until we arrive at our destination." I asked and tried to change the topic. I hope Kanae doesn't realize it.

"Fufufu. Are you trying to change the topic?"

Crap. I am really in trouble now. Looking at Gyoumei for help but he only looks away while crying. Traitor!

"Hahaha... Nee-chan, what are you saying? I would never." I answered back with my best acting skills. I should have studied acting while in my past life.

"Shin-chan. Clench your teeth." Kanae ordered me as she raised her hand in the air.

*SLAP!*

Ow... Yeah, I deserved that...

=====

It was night and I finally couldn't stand anymore. Gyoumei had decided to take a rest and made a campfire for us. Ugh... my feet hurt. Never knew, running while carrying someone would be this bad. Tanjirou, respected.

I laid on my back while I breathed heavily with my eyes closed. I think Kanae and Shinobu are poking my face for some reason.

"Shounen, take balanced deep breaths. It'll help you rest quicker." Gyoumei told me as he carried a wild animal. I guess our food is meat this time.

All right me. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Breathe in and out. That should be easy.

"Fuuu... Haaa... Fuuu... Haaa..." Oh? I can feel it. My loud beating heart is slowing down and I can breathe easily again. Is that how it works in this world?

I raised my body to a sitting position and I was correct when I said Kanae and Shinobu were poking my face. I think I also saw their sadistic smiles.

Looking back at Gyoumei who started to make our dinner I bowed down.

"Arigatou, Himejima-san." I told him which he gave a smile back.

He cooked the meat using his sense of hearing which actually surprised me. This blind man is really talented.

"Himejima-san, I've been meaning to ask this, but what is Demon Slaying Corp?" Kanae asked Gyoumei as she came closer to the fire.

"Demon Slaying Corp is an organization that has existed since ancient times, dedicated to protecting humanity from demons." Gyoumei answered bluntly and continued to pray while holding one of his beaded necklaces.