Chapter 39: Resurgence

Song Quote: Old Friends
"People who matter don't mind They don't need all of my time Somebody told me to light up every room Make them remember you But nobody here knows what I'm going through No, they never do I miss my old friends
'Cause they know when I need them the most I made some new friends and they're cool friends But they don't know What I do, what I got, who I am and who I'm not"
~~~

Your Pov:
The elevator let out a soft ding as the doors opened in front of you. You left the small space holding two paper cups filled with warm beverages.

"Good Morning Cyrus" you greeted your boss as he sat at his desk. He perked up when he heard your voice. He was fiddling with his hands worryingly staring at one of the security cameras.

"Good morning (Y/n), I hope you slept well" he smiled softly as you placed one of the cups on his desk.

"Chamomile tea to relieve stress" You told him before sipping your own cup.

"Right, thank you" the genius sighed taking a sip of the tea.

"Miss (Y/n), the field trip request for your friend's academy has been approved. The schedule has been cleared for their tour" Pixal spoke up to inform you.

"Thank you Pixal, I can go fetch them myself" you smiled at the android "You also don't have to call me miss if you don't want to Pix."

"Right. Forgive me, I will take note of that" she replied coldly slowly nodding.

You turned back to Cyrus as he stared at his cup, knowing you both were being watched very intently.
"Take a deep breath my friend, I'll make sure they receive the statue myself if needed" you reassured the genius with a small wink.

He smiled softly looking up into your eyes sincerely "Do be careful..."

You took a quick sip of your drink, sharing one final look at each other before heading out "You too."

~~~

Third Person's Pov:
The recess bell rung signaling the kids to go outside to play finally giving their teachers a break.

Jay let out a sigh of relief as he opened the fridge. Digging around he frowned noticing something was out of place. 
"All right! Who took my pudding cup?" His head shot up glaring at everyone as he slammed the fridge shut. "My name was clearly written on it" he frowned as he noticed Cole eating one.

"I didn't see motor mouth on it" The earth ninja hummed as he tossed the plastic cup in the trash.

"I'm telling the headmaster" Jay growled looking to his sensei in the other room.

"Leave me out of it" Sensei Wu replied as he poured himself a cup of tea from a special machine, "I'm on break too."

"Relax Jay, you can have mine" Kai told the blue ninja taking his out of his bag tossing it to the lightning ninja.

Jay caught it with ease but his shoulders slumped "But this isn't even cold..." he muttered as he took a seat next to Zane.

The nindroid raised an eyebrow before tapping some buttons on his arm. He spouted a small gust of ice cooling down the pudding cup.

Jay's eyes filled with joy "Gimme!" he smiled gratefully at the ice ninja before taking a bite of the sweet treat

"Is anyone else chapped that Lloyd gets to be the golden ninja and fly around accepting awards. While we're stuck here being teachers with no powers?" He asked the others not hiding the small bit of jealousy.