☆4

How long did they have left

"Hey are you okay?" Renjun asked, kneeling in front of his sister, worried

"Hey are you okay?" Renjun asked, kneeling in front of his sister, worried. She was on a chair, her head down, pale as ever.
"Yuji? Look at me." He lifted her head up and gasped.
"Yuji? Hey you need to keep your eyes open, shit wait let me call the ambulanc-"

His voice droned out of her reach as her eyes closed and her body fell to the ground.

Donghyuck flinched in pain, his body hurting however he didn't do anything.
"What the..." He trailed off, looking at his shoulder where the pain was.
It was dull, but still there.

It had been two days since they touched, two days. And he feared his time was decreasing.
The glossy sheen of sweat covered his body and his room screamed death.
His curtains drawn, too sensitive to look at the light. His hair was matte to his head, the uncontrollable shivering was slightly there, but he knew it was going to get worse.

He just wondered if she was the same?
Maybe she was just living her life as she normally does.
But that's the thing, he didn't know, because he doesn't know who his soulmate is.

"I think you need to go to the doctor Donghyuck, I'm not kidding." Jaehyun said, walking into the room, grimacing at the sight of him.
"Put your shoes on, we're going."

"Huh, bare with me a second

"Huh, bare with me a second." The doctor said, refreshing his notes to clarify his suspicion.
To be a hundred percent sure, he checked in with a colleague and got the same verdict.

"It seems as though you have touched your soulmate, the disconnection has already started."

"You don't have long left Mr Lee."

"What do you mean she has met her soulmate? It isn't possible, no I don't believe it. I won't believe it. You're telling me my sister will basically die because she isn't around her soulmate? You're wrong, I know you are." With every passing breath, Renjun got increasingly angrier.

"How do I find him?" Renjun asked, desperate.

"You can't, only she can."

"You've got to find him Ji

"You've got to find him Ji." Renjun pleaded with his sister, leaning his head on her hand.
"I can't lose you." He muttered, his heart heavy with the feeling of grief.
Yuji looked down at her brother, wondering if their time together was limited.

"I will, I'm sure I'll be okay." She said with a tone of certainty, but even she wasn't certain of it.

"Let's go home." He said, helping his sister up, her weakened body already felt fragile.
"I wonder who he is." She inquired, pondering over the thought of having a soulmate.

"I wonder if he's going through the same as me." She whispered, looking down at her feet.
Renjun guided her towards the counter of the pharmacy, telling her to stay there.
She kept her eyes trained on the ground, wallowing in self pity.

Not much time passed, she counted the amount of people that had walked by, judging their choice of shoes.

She hummed in acceptance at the trainers one person wore and she moved into the next person.
However once her mind registered it, her heart thumped against her chest, the mark on her foot tingling again.

He had a moon on his ankle.

Yuji was quick to scan the area, cursing at herself for not looking at his face instead. She tried to focus on the shoes people were wearing but her sight only extended so far.
So she ran, weaving through the people, nearly tripping, yearning to meet him.

But she didn't.