| 06 | richesse

THE MORNING HANGOVER is the toughest to recover

THE MORNING HANGOVER is the toughest to recover. After a night of heavy drinking, I wake up the following day to a massive headache and extreme fatigue.

Despite work starting in less than three hours, I prefer to lay in bed.

I reach over my nightstand to grab a bottle of water before chugging it in one go.

By the time I force my body into a sitting position, the pounding headache magnifies as though someone is smashing my frontal brain with a hammer.

After disposing of the bottle, I open the drawer to retrieve some much-needed painkillers.

Why did I have to get myself drunk during a weekday knowing my work schedule begins early in the mornings?

I've lost count of the number of times I've pondered on that question.

One thing's for sure, I need to change my gate passcode and keep the new password a secret from my mom.

I make sure to fill my cat's bowl with food before freshening up for the day.

༄ ༄ ༄

My headache ends up getting worse during the day.

Nevertheless, I do my best to mask my pain during the morning meeting held with the seniors of each management department.

In general, I tend to talk less during meetings and only speak when necessary before making a final decision to conclude discussions.

When meetings exceed thirty minutes, my immediate reaction is to withdraw.

Knowing a meeting with the company's leading brand endorser is soon to occur, I take a quick bathroom break before heading towards my office.

It doesn't surprise me to find the man of the hour lounged on one of my office sofas since he always tends to barge in unannounced.

"The busy lady has arrived," he remarks playfully before his lips curve into a boyish grin.

I nod curtly before heading his way to shake hands only to repeat the same gesture with his agent.

With a huge fan base of over eighty million followers on social media, Theo DeVito has been the face of Varos for four years. With his phenomenal football records, it's no wonder he possesses a fan base of millions who look up to him worldwide.

Varos' pre-sales tend to quadruple every time his football team qualifies for the quarter-finals at the UEFA Champions League.

During the first phases of Varos' development, Theo wasn't well known around the world since he was in the stage of building his career similar to me.

When he won his first Fifa World Cup, multiple sports brands desperately sought to form an endorsement partnership with him.

Nonetheless, he always maintained his loyalty to Varos deeming our business partnership a secure one.