Chapter 38: The IGO President

Sarafina nervously gripped the box tighter and clutched it to her chest as the two climbed up the staircase. They just gotten off an underground train and dropped off in front of a long tunnel. "Relax, will ya? The harsh scent of fear is killing my nose." Toriko complained to her, reaching the top that revealed lush green grass, beautiful clear blue waters that were scattered with rocks poking out here and there. "I'm not scared! I'm too nervous!" She corrected him enjoying the fresh ocean scent. It got even more picture-like when the woman laid eyes on the house. It was a very humble wooden cottage.

"It's been....so long..." She whispered to herself. Kururu sensed her uneasiness and nuzzled against her cheek, hoping to comfort her. "Same thing." The hunter's voice snapped her out of the dreaminess of the place. "Very well then...." Sarafina sighed as she glanced at the box of cookies she had made for this meeting. Her blindness has hindered her skills in certain places...but making cookies were the thing she was able to do well in the kitchen. Thanks to a certain someone who took the time to teach her. "Sure hope he likes these." She muttered then got an annoyed look as the larger man complained once more. "I don't know why you made cookies for this. We're just seeing the old man."

"You do realise that this 'old man' just so happens to be the president of this place. The least I can do is make a good impression." Sarafina told him. Toriko hmphed then replied, "Explains why even you dressed up for this. He may not even like those plain cookies."

The snow kitten growled at him and Sarafina raised an eyebrow her at his light smirk. "You're just moody because I refused to give you any." She said and watched him ring the doorbell. A second later a man answered the door. He was a short middle-aged man with pale skin and big lips. He appeared to be balding on the top of his head and has black hair on the side. He wears a black formal suit with a white dress shirt and a dark red bow tie.

He clasped his hands together and greeted them in a cheerful tone, "Well, well. We've been waiting, Toriko-sama and Sarafina-san." Extending a hand out a bit the hunter returned the greeting with a relaxed smile, "Hey there, Morton! Is the old man in?"

'Oh? The two knew each other?' Sarafina thought to herself with interest. From what Toriko had told her on the train, the president had raised Toriko and the other Heavenly Kings. Now that she thought about it, it did make sense.

"Yes, he's waiting. Right this way." The man, Morton, said as he invited the two inside and lead the way. Sarafina smiled to herself as she stepped inside. It hasn't changed a bit. Though Toriko wasn't even paying attention to the house at all. Except when he noticed the ornamental fish tank. "Oooh! That's one tasty-looking fish you've got in that gourmet case!"

"Toriko, that's ornamental. Do you not know what that is?" Sarafina chided him a bit, trying not to feel amused. "Th..that's not a gourmet case! It's an ornamental tank. This is one of only four Energy Arowana in the world." The hunter got a disappointment/don't care look as he replied, "You mean it's not food? Then I could care less. Ow?! What was that for?!" He rubbed his side a bit from where she hit him with her elbow.

"Don't be rude! Not every animal is food you know! I have to hurt you if you tried to eat my Kururu." Sarafina told him. Honestly, this man! Stomach instead of a brain! Just as he was about to reply, Toriko noticed the three had reached a very wide open terrace. "The president is on the terrance." Morton informed the two as the larger man said nothing for a moment then went, "Ah."

At the far end of the deck three chairs (one already occupied) and a small table with an umbrella waited for them. As the two walked over to the person Sarafina's heart was beating rapidly in her chest. Each step she took, she grew more and more nervous. Maybe it was a bad idea to come here. Before anything could be said when they reached the table Toriko plunked down the bottle of booze he had brought for his gift. She hoped he'll liked the chocolate chip cookies...or at least pretended or tell her nicely otherwise. "Brought you some rainbow fruit wine! It's 170% proof! Sorry it's such a plain souvenir, gramps." Toriko greeted him.