Chapter 39: The Ozone part 1

273rd Floor Seven star BBQ Healthy Grill

Sarafina drank a sip of her whiskey as Toriko grilled some expensive looking meat on a grill. Surprisingly Toriko had a bib on for this meal, as did Komatsu who got invited by the hunter to this nice restaurant. "Here. This one's ready, Komatsu."

"Yay!" Komatsu cheered happily. "Bon appetite!" He reached with a pair of chopsticks to get the piece and tried it. He quickly put his hands to his face in happiness and explained happily, "Yum! I've never had BBQ this delicious!" Sarafina smiled. It felt like it was going to melt in her mouth that was how good was. "Agreed. This is the best piece of BBQ I've ever had!" Sarafina exclaimed happily as well. "Mew!" Kururu went as she greedily ate her pieces. "Thank you so much, Toriko-san. I never dreamt I'd be invited to eat at an upper tier restaurant in the Gourmet Towers."

If memory serves her right, didn't the two mention this last time they were at Gourmet Town. Toriko laughed a bit as he took a bite from the grill and replied to the shorter man, "It's true that most of the stores above the 200th floor turn down unfamiliar customers. Above this tier, you can only get into the restaurants via airplane, and even then it's members only. I'll show you sometime."

"What a surprise to know you can get into those." Sarafina said, trying not to smile. Of course he could, the man was a bottomless stomach that walked. "Oh no, being at this seven-star BBQ is enough for me!" The chef humbly said. "I'm bursting with joy getting to taste flying cow pig! Not to mention we're in a private observation room on the 273rd floor! My eyes don't know whether to focus on the meat or the view! Though it's a little scary up here."

Leave it to Komatsu to help her to relax. At least he believed in modesty unlike a certain hunter who went through it like candy. A few minutes later a waitress carrying a tray full of delicious looking meat walked in. "Thank you for waiting. Here are your top grade beef ribs and roast. As well as top grade miso and skirt steak." The woman said with polite cheerfulness and smile. The miso got her attention. Hope it was really good. "Yaaay, it's here!" Komatsu cheered. "Someone sure is having fun." Sarafina smiled as she watched him dig in. From what she had so far it was excellent. Expensive but excellent. So this as what the rich at home ate...she hoped they choked on it, the bastards...

"Have you tried the miso yet, Sarafina?" Komatsu inquired taking another bite off the grill. "Not yet but I will in a minute, Komatsu." She told him before trying it. Holy...she could eat the miso alone! "Thing is, you two." Toriko started taking a modest bite off the grill. Which was surprising considering the sheer amount he ate. "This place may be a BBQ joint but...its meat isn't what it's known for." Ah. Now she understood why he brought them here. It was his way to get Komatsu interested in Ozone Grass.. Honestly, all Toriko has to do is ask if he wanted to come along and the chef would come along willingly. Oh! The woman almost forgot that part! The question the hunter wanted to ask him.

"It's known for its vegetables." Toriko's voice snapped her back to reality. Not that she missed that much. "Did you say vegetables?!" Komatsu asked, confusion in his voice. A second later the waitress came back carrying some of the most delicious looking vegetables Komatsu had ever seen. "Thank you for waiting. Here is your vegetable platter."

"Wow!" Komatsu explained. "Look at this snack lettuce." The chef continued picking up what appeared to be a normal looking lettuce leaf. "It's glistening." Sarafina blinked when the hunter handed her a piece of meat wrapped in the same lettuce. "Try wrapping the rub meat in it. You too, Fina. Try it." Toriko suggested doing the same. She was surprised he was handing an already made one to her instead of eating it.

"Oh, you've made it already? Thank you, Toriko." Sarafina said taking the piece and took a bite into it. She blinked in surprise. What a crunch! It felt like she bit into a cucumber and the flavour mixed very well with the meat bringing out the flavour more! Amazing! "Wow!" Komatsu exclaimed. "What a solid crunch! It feels like I just bit into fresh cucumber or burdock." The woman giggled a bit when he placed his hands on his face again in happiness. "The succulence of the lettuce boosts the meat to a whole new level of juicy! Or maybe the juiciness of the meat catapulted the lettuce into taste heaven! The meat makes the vegetable tastier!"