XXVIII.

"well, well, well, there's our girl

"well, well, well, there's our girl."

"get out of my way, kol." rebekah spoke harshly to her brother who'd blocked her way of getting past him several times.

"out all night. what a scandal." kol chirped, a grin on his lips. "i trust you did better than that commoner. matt, was it?"

"if you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." rebekah threatened, taking notice to the heretic and hybrid who watched the two in amusement. "don't start, nik— or you, miss odessa."

jocelyn rolled her eyes at the teasing tone in rebekah's voice towards the nickname. "we didn't say anything."

klaus pressed his lips to the side of her face, continuing with the sketch he'd been working on that day. jocelyn was laid up on his chest, watching his hand skim the pencil across the paper.

"i'm bored." kol spoke shortly, flopping down on one of the empty chairs in the room. "our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. i need entertainment."

jocelyn found the bluntness kol radiated humorous, reminding her immensely of herself. she understood now what klaus had meant the night he broke his curse when he'd said she reminded him of the young, wild mikaelson.

"what're you waiting for? go on, have at it." klaus replied to his brother, sending him a short glance before his eyes went back to the sketch in hand.

"it's no fun to go alone. join me, nik, or perhaps jocelyn would like too." kol quirked at the heretic. "prove those tales of the sinister, bennett siphoner who just mumbling her name causes fear throughout covens."

jocelyn smirked at the mikaelson, the evil glint in her eyes shining brightly. "why not?"

klaus' looked up to see the girl stand to her feet, but he was quick to take ahold of her arm. kol's smirk grew as he watched the two.

"it's the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart." the original mockingly pouted towards his brother.

jocelyn leaned down towards the hybrid, pressing a kiss to his lips. klaus was taken back by the action, to say the least, but was quick to return the gesture.

the heretic grinned against his skin. "come on, nik. for me?"

jocelyn, along with kol and rebekah, knew the hybrid was a goner once she mumbled the two words. for me. he stared at the girl for a moment before he shut the sketchbook, following after jocelyn.

"i didn't have enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder rebekah's date." klaus spoke to his brother, feeling jocelyn wrap her arm around his.

"go, this house has enough men rolling around in it." rebekah said as she watched the three leave, her words directed at the brothers.

"just like you, bekah." kol threw his hands up, sending his sister a grin. jocelyn let a laugh slip past her lips at the mikaelson's quick comeback.