Ch. 57

Enjoy loves & Thank You for 45k! 🖤
(Also I'm so sorry for what you're about to read, but please just trust me)

Y/n's POV:

I woke up to the sound of the ocean and the feeling of Ariana in my arms. As I slowly sat up in bed, our last night activities started coming back to me. After our fun in the pool, we found ourselves fighting over who was gonna cook dinner, which then resulted in a round two of fun time. In the end, we ordered room service and shared multiple exquisite dishes, and finished the night off with some of Ariana's favorite classic movies.

I don't remember exactly when I fell asleep, but I do remember Ariana humming softly in my ear and her fingers running gently along my arm as I found it harder and harder to keep my eyes open.

I check the time and see that it's 11:00am. I haven't slept in this late, since before we started touring.

Time has really flown bye. It feels like just yesterday that Laura and I were stopped by one of Ariana's managers. I never imagined that I'd be where I am now. And I for sure didn't think I'd be sitting in bed on a private island in Jamaica, with Ariana Grande as my girlfriend.

As I watch Ariana's chest move up and down with each breath, it makes me realize just how close I've let her and others into my life.

And if I'm being completely honest, it terrifies me.

I'm terrified that at any second my past is going to reappear, and that everyone and everything I've gained is going to be destroyed, taken, or disappear from my life forever. I never want that to happen again. It can't happen again...

If it does, there's no way I'd bounce back.

Ariana's POV:

I wake up feeling cold, so I roll over to feel around for Y/n. But when I can't feel her anywhere in bed, I open my eyes to find that I'm the only one in the room.

Where'd she go? Did she leave to use the bathroom? To get food?

After waiting a few minutes to see if she'd return and nothing, I finally decide to get up, throw on a oversized hoodie, and make my way around the house.

"Y/nnn!" I've been yelling her name for almost five minutes now as I walk around the house, and still nothing. I'm really starting to worry that something bad has happened to her.

"Y/n-Baby! If you can hear me, please say something!" Damn it, where could she have gone? We're on a private island yes, but a big one no, so I don't understand where she could be hiding.

Almost thirty minutes later, and I finally find her sitting outside on a rock at the edge of the water.

"Y/n!" Her body twitches, startled from my sudden voice.

When she turns around to look at me, I instantly stop in my tracks from the emotion of sadness I can see, written all over her face.

"Y/n?" As I get closer, I notice a tear fall down her right cheek.

"Baby, what's-"

"Don't" She says.

"Don't what?"

"I-I can't.." she says, and turns away.

"Y/n what can't you do?" I kneel down behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, while resting my head on her back.

"I can't, I can't" She says again.

"Baby, whatever it is you can tell me. You don't have to go through it alone, I'll help you." I feel her body tense up, and begin to violently shake.

"Y/n just-"

"Us...I-I can't do us." She says.

It feels like someone's just punched the air out of me. Y/n removes my arms from her waist and stands up.

"I love you so much Ariana, over these past couple months you have become my world. and..and that's made me want to protect you with everything I have. So, that's why I-I think I need to let you go...before something bad happens and hurts us both."

"W-What are you talking about?!" I try to stand up, but my body feels like a rock stuck to the ground.

"I've lost too much. I've suffered again and again, and climbed my way back to the top, only to get thrown right back to the bottom. I'm..I'm on my last leg. If it happens again, I won't be able to climb back up...and I don't want that to happen to you."

"But we're doing so well! What makes you think that we'll fallout?!" I have tears in my eyes now, and my hearts pounding hard in my chest.

"The past"

"What?" I don't understand.

"Every time I get my life together and become happy, something rips it all away from me! I'm so happy with you, that it terrifies me! You're the best thing that's come into my life, and because of that, I don't want to risk losing you!" She shouts, with tears now streaming down her face.

"Then why break up with me! Isn't that doing the same thing!?"

How did we even get here? Yesterday we were as happy and close as can be, and yet, in just 10 hours our relationship has changed drastically.

"I'd rather end us now and stay on top, then risk staying with you and falling into darkness!!" She shouts.

"But you don't know if that will happen!"

I use every bit of strength I have in me, to stand up and hug her.

"Y/n, please don't do this. I love you so much, you're my world! Fuck you're my god damn light!! If you leave me, then I'll be the one in the dark!!!"

We've only been together for about 4 months. But in that time, I've grown to love her so much that I can't see myself wanting to be with anyone else. If she leaves me, then her fear of darkness will become my reality.

"I-I'm sorry Ariana"

No.

"I wish you the best in life" She says.

Y/n, no. I can't lose you!!

"Y/nnn!" I yell her name over and over as she walks away. I can tell that it hurts her just as much as it does me, but she doesn't stop, no matter how many times I yelled her name, she just kept walking.

To Be Continued In Book 2!

A/n: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Thank you to everyone that has stuck with me through this book! I hope you all enjoyed it! Sorry for this a-hole of a ending/cliffhanger! However, you can continue reading this story in book 2:

Your Love Is My Light

I hope everyone will continue to stay with me and read book 2!

Trust me it's worth it! 😉🖤