Chapter Ten.

Chapter 10.

The customers applauded as I finished my second song. I smiled and waved at the cafe full of customers before stepping off the small stage they made for me.

It had been two months now since I started working for Sarah, at her small cafe. Before I came, it was apparently very isolated but now that I was the live entertainment, many people came to have lunch or breakfast here. And according to Sarah, it was all thanks to me but I knew that really, it was just because of how delicious her food was.

I had saved up quite a lot of money and helped the pack towards the bills, even though they had more than enough to pay the bills for the next fifty years for every single pack member. I didn't like sponging off people, and I wanted to earn enough money to move out and buy a little flat for the babies and I.

I was due in about a week or so now. I was nearly as big as a whale, or that's what they teased me about. But it was only occasionally, and I knew they were joking, unlike the people back in my old pack, who seemed to think it was funny to make me cry.

I have never once cried after my ex-mate marked someone else; I refused to let him make me cry even if he wasn't here. I've only been smiling or laughing since the pack never let me cry or get emotional. I was proud to be one of them.

"Sophie, Soph, are you listening to me hon?"

I blinked and turned to the source of the voice. Pulling me out of my thoughts was Sarah, in her cute pink apron with cupcakes decorating it.

"Um yeah, sorry. What was that?" I asked.

"Just saying, amazing job as usual. There were more customers today, so thank you for saving my little cafe," she said gratefully.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Seriously, S, I've told you so many times, it's your amazing cooking that people come her for, not my okay singing."

"Well, you're an amazing singer and that's from every single person in this cafe and not just me, and you better go outside quick, Alpha's waiting for you," she said and a small smile appeared on her face as she thought of Danny.

I chuckled. "I'll see ya tomorrow then, at 10?"

"Yep, and take care of yourself and those two troublemakers, will ya?"

I laughed and shook my head. "Sure will."

As I stepped out the warm cafe, I was attacked by the intense heat of the sun. The joys of living in California, I thought.

As usual, parked in front of me was Danny in his white Audi R8. I waved at him before walking to his car, or his 'most prized possession' as he says. Boys will always be boys, I thought shaking my head. But I doubt he'd say that after he found his mate.

Danny hadn't found his mate yet, even though he was 19 years old now. But I had no doubt that whenever he did find his mate, she would be extremely lucky to have a guy like him. Not only was he very good-looking with his dark brown shaggy hair, light blue eyes, two cute dimples on both his cheeks and lean but very musular body, but he was also a very kind-hearted person. He was generous and amazing with giving advice, which was why he was one of my best friends now.

I opened the door and stepped in. "Hey," I said as soon as I plopped my butt on the luxurious leather seat of his very expensive car.

"Hey, how was work?" he asked, helping me to buckle my seatbelt around my massive stomach.

"Good, I'm kinda tired now so just get me home," I groaned, resting my head back.

"See, I told you. You don't need to work. We have plenty of money for the pack," he stated.