September 2019: The Midnight Creature

Hello Wattpaders!

Welcome to this month's JustWriteBits prompt.

"In the middle of the night a teenage girl was messaged by her best friend who explained to her that he couldn't rest that night. Not long after that message, he was by her bedroom window and she let him in as a new message came in from her best friend, asking her to go over by his apartment to accompany him. Chills ran through her when realization hits. The creature in front of was not her best friend. What could it be?"

Rules & Guidelines

▪ Maximum word count: 1200 words

▪ Only new stories can be accepted - nothing pre-written!

▪ Deadline for submissions: 15th September, midnight UTC (24.00 h Coordinated Universal Time)

▪ The best stories earn a place in the #JustWriteBits anthology.

▪ Your story must be in English.

▪ Publish your work on your own profile, either as a new story or part of an existing collection of short stories. Only one single chapter, please.

▪ Don't forget to post the link to your work in the comments below! And be sure to support your fellow writers by checking out their entries, it's worth it.

▪ Lastly, fill out this submission form!

Best of luck. Have fun writing!