Chapter 13 - Desperation

Alessandro's POV

"Isabella!" I exclaimed in fear as I rushed towards her. I scooped her up in my arms and carried her to my bedroom. My mother followed me, looking at Isabella, worried.

I placed Isabella on my bed and sat down on the bed. I grabbed her hand and stroked her hair.

"Open your eyes, please." I murmured, stroking her hair in worry.

"I will call the doctor." My mother said anxiously and rushed out.

I placed my hand on her stomach, smiling sadly. Her stomach was bigger than before. She covered it in her loose shirt. I leaned over her stomach and placed a soft kiss on her belly.

"Hey, my little one." I said, smiling while stroking her belly gently.

I pulled back and held her hand between my hands. She slowly opened her eyes.

"How are you, bella mia?" I asked, worried.

"What happened to me?" She murmured, dazed.

"You fainted." I replied sadly. "Are you okay?" I asked in worry.

She gritted her teeth and pulled her hand away as she gave me a death glare.

He sighed and rubbed her belly tenderly. "It is bigger." I commented and gave her a tender smile.

She just stared at me without saying anything, full of anger, disappointment and sadness in his eyes.

"I was going to tell you. It isn't like it looks. It..."

"What were you going to tell me?" She cut me off, giving me a disgusting look and sat up on the bed. I bit my lower lip, looking down and entwined my hands tightly. "Tell me! What were you going to tell me that you didn't want me anymore and found yourself another woman?! What?!" She shouted as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Bella mia, let me explain." I pleaded, looking at her. I hated seeing her crying. It made my heart sink.

"Don't call me bella mia!" She snapped. "I hate you. But don't you tell your fiancee that you are already married?!" She said mockingly, emphasizing the word fiancee while tears were running down her cheeks.

"Isabella, it isn't like..."

"I don't want to hear anything. I don't want to hear how you fell in love with her." She stated, crying and stood up.

"Please, bella mia. I don't love her." I stated honestly and tried to grab her arm, but she pulled her hand away angrily.

"I don't want to hear anything!" She barked. Suddenly, she felt dizzy. I caught her by wrapping my arm around her waist. "Don't touch me!" She demanded, pushing me while crying and collapsed onto the floor.

I looked at her, devastated and pursed my lips together as my eyes welled up. My heart tightened in grief. I sat down beside her on the floor and pulled her into my chest, ignoring her protests. A few seconds later, she stopped pushing me.

"Please, don't cry. I don't love anyone else. I just love you. It is a fake engagement." I confessed.

She looked at me, confused while tears were running down her cheeks.

"It is for the company. My father planned it. I will explain everything. Just calm down. You are pregnant. It is bad for the baby." I said softly and stroked her belly as I kissed her forehead. "Come on. Let's wash your face." I suggested and stood up.

"I don't..." She wanted to protest, but I didn't listen to her and scooped her up in my arms.

I carried her to the bathroom and set her on her feet carefully. I turned on the water and wanted to help her, but she protested. I nodded and took a step back. She started washing her face. I leaned against the wall, placing my hands into my pockets while watching her.

"Are you better?" I asked and cupped her cheeks as she dried her face.

She pulled back, averting her gaze and left the bathroom. I sighed, depressed and followed her.

Suddenly, the door opened and my mother walked in, closing the door behind her.

"Are you better, honey? I called the doctor." She said, worried.

"No!" She exclaimed in panic." Umm...I am fine." She added, giving me a dirty look and traveled her gaze from me to my mother. "Really, I am fine. Don't worry." She gave my mother a reassuring look.

Probably she didn't want the doctor because they didn't find out about her pregnancy. Actually, I didn't think about it when my mother told me that she was going to call the doctor because I couldn't think straight; my mind was fuzzy, and I was worried about Isabella and our baby. So this part slipped out of my mind.

"OK, honey. But at least rest. If you need anything, call me." My mother suggested. Isabella nodded. "Alessandro, come on. Let her get rest." My mother said as she noticed that I didn't move for a inch beside Isabella.

I nodded, but I didn't want to leave. I needed to talk to Isabella and explain everything to her, but my mother was waiting for me. I sighed and walked towards the door in slow steps.

"Alessandro!" Isabella called me as my mother and I were about to leave. We stopped and turned around.

She walked towards me, giving me a cold gaze and took off the ring. She grabbed my hand and placed it on my palm.

"Your fiancée's engagement ring." She said bitterly, looking into my eyes and forced a smile. I pursed my lips, averting my gaze in guilt and looked at the ring. I sighed, depressed as I clenched my fist and left in quick steps.

Isabella's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache the following morning. I sighed, staring at the ceiling. Suddenly, I felt nauseated. I covered my mouth with my hand and rushed towards the bathroom.

After vomiting, I washed my eyes. I decided to take a shower. Maybe, I would feel better after it.

I wrapped a towel around my body and stepped out of the shower. After drying my body and hair, I put on a mauve blouse and black denim jeans. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said and turned towards the door.

The door opened and Alessandro walked in, closing the door behind him. I gritted my teeth, clenching my fist angrily.

"What do you want? Leave! I don't want anyone to see you here." I snapped. "You have a fiancee. Don't forget it. I don't want anyone to misunderstand the situation." I added sarcastically.

"Please, Isabella. Let me explain." He said, giving me a begging look as he approached me.

"Leave! I don't want Silvia to see you here." I hissed.

"My mother isn't home." He said, running his hand through his hair. He took a deep breath and continued. "Please, listen to me."

"What are you going to say? I told you I don't want to hear how you fell in love with her." I hissed, trying to hold my tears, but I failed. My tears ran down my cheeks. My heart was arching.