Book 3 ~ Chapter 3

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs POV

It was a peaceful morning, Team Avatar was getting ready for the trip of a lifetime, in search of the new airbenders in this world. Korra, Bolin, Bumi, Kya, Tenzin, Pema, and the airbender kids, were all gathered outside when they spotted a large aircraft heading its way to Air Temple Island. The aircraft was nicely parked right in front of the group, and a door was opened to reveal Asami.

"Did someone order a fully equipped Future Industries airship?" Asami asked.

"It's perfect! Thanks Asami!" Korra said, as Asami walked down the ramp.

"If we are going to Ba Sing Se to find airbenders, then we need to do in style," Asami said.

"Cool! An airship!" Meelo exlaimed.

"I wanna see!" Tikki said cheerfully, as the two kids ran inside the aircraft.

"While you guys are gone, Pema and I will hold down the fort," Kya said, as she tended to Rohan.

The group smiled fondly at the small child. Korra noticed Mako coming up the stairs of the courtyard. She walked over to him to greet him. She also noticed that he had a scroll strapped against his back.

"Mako, I'm so glad you're here," Korra said.

"Of course, Korra. Avatar. Avatar Korra," Mako said awkwardly, as he removed the scroll from his back.

"Once I received your message, I proceeded to contact various locations within the Earth Kingdom, as orders from you, the Avatar," Mako added, as he stood up straight. Korra raised her eyebrow.

"Right, the Avatar thanks you for your royal service. Did you find any leads?" Korra asked.

"There were reports of airbenders popping up all over the Earth Kingdom. The villages on this map, you guys can take it with you," Mako said, as he handed out the map to Korra. Korra frowned.

"Actually, I was kinda hoping you could come too," Korra said softly, as she grabbed the map.

"Really, It's probably better if I sit this one out," Mako said, looking away from Korra.

"I know things has been weird between us since we broke up, but you're a part of Team Avatar and we can't do this without you," Korra said softly.

"Sorry, I can't," Mako said, as he started walking down the stairs.

Bolin knew his brother better than that, so he decided to give it a try to convince him to go. He actually had a few ideas in his head that could get him to come. Bolin started running down the ramp and was able to catch up to Mako right before he stepped into the boat.

"Mako, wait a sec!" Bolin said, as he stopped in front of Mako.

"Korra already asked, Bro. I can't just leave Republic City, I have a life here and a job," Mako said.

"A life? You sleep under your desk," Bolin stated, Mako rolled his eyes.

"And what's a more important job than helping the Avatar rebuild an entire civilization?" Bolin added, Mako turned away from his brother.

"It's not just that," Mako paused. "I feel like I've been drifting apart from everyone,"

"Well, drift back, we need you," Bolin said, approaching his brother.

"Come one, Mako. We're going to Ba Sing Se where dad grew up. What if I meet our grandma for the very first time? and she asks me, 'Where's your sweet brother?' and then I'd have to say 'I'm sorry, grandma, he had some really important police paper work to file' and she starts to cry those grandma tears and she cries, 'Mako, Mako! Why?' and she dies," Bolin said.