Easy Steps

The white walls surrounds the single bed in the centre of the room, the Holter monitor records Jaejoong's steady heartbeat. The hospital sheet covered him to his shoulders as he laid on his back. A large gauze taped to his head. Warming up the room the sun shone through the blinds.

Junsu laid across the chair beside the bed, his legs propped on the arm. He had a jacket round his shoulders. His eyes were closed.

The machine beeped rapidly increasing in activity, Jaejoong turned his head to the side.

Junsu's eyes shot open and he sat up. "Your awake!" he smiled. He gathered the on-call button for a doctor and stood up. "You've been out for a couple of days. Mostly from the head wound," he explained.

Jaejong licked his lips "I don't remember." He frowned.

Junsu picked a cup from the side table and poured some water in. "You did bang your head onto my counter."

Jaejoong took the cup from him and shakily bought it up to his lips. "Where's Yoochun?"

Junsu took the cup away "Talking to some of the managers to get the postponement of schedules." He put it back on the side table "We were pretty worried."

Jaejoong smiled "What would I do without you?"

Junsu shrugged "I'll get Yoochun to sit with you while I go to the toilet, okay."

Jaejoong nodded and watched him leave. He lifted his hand to his forehead feeling the gauze and tape on his forehead. He sighed putting his hand down by his side. He moved put both hands face down to lift himself up. He groaned as he felt a twinge in his head. "Are you going to lecture me?" He said not looking at Yoochun who walked in silently.

"It wouldn't make any difference," He replied.

Jaejoong blinked and look towards the seat beside him. "What did they say?"

"We have the end of the month. Once your off the drink the company has given you 90 days before they appeal to appear for stations."

"They changed their mind fast didn't they? They were waiting for one of us to crack!" He stated looking back towards the blinds.

The Doctor came to the check him over and to test his eyesight. Yoochun and Junsu waited outside for the Doctor to check his reflexes. They gave him the all clear but he would need to stay in the hospital for one more night to make sure everything was okay. 

Yoochun sat in the chair pulling Junsu to sir on on his lap.

"Is the media going on a frenzy?" Jaejoong asked.

"Your on every channel! Don't you feel lucky!" Yoochun said.

Jaejoong shrugged "Not really!" He looked towards the window "Can I get up from this bed or am I confined to it?" he asked.

Junsu raised an eyebrow "Your not an invalid!"

Jaejoong pushed the covers away from his legs and swung them round. He placed his bare feet on the cold floor and stood. Once he was off the bed he walked towards the connected bathroom. He looked over his shoulder "Watching me like a pair of hawks." He shook his head and walked into the bathroom shutting the door behind him.

Yoochun spoke when he heard the shower turn on. He waited for a few seconds before asking what the doctor told Junsu when he disappeared to get fresh water. Junsu sighed "All he could say was that with the way he drinks he wouldn't be able to be in good conditions after a couple of more years damaging his liver," He explained.

Yoochun's pocket vibrating. He took Jaejoong's phone from his jeans and looked at the text message on the front. "He's been getting these every morning I've had it."