Chapter 3: Snapes House

When they arrived at Severus's house he lay the baby in his soft bed and set to work making the girls room. He changed the spare bedrooms walls from black to a dark purple. It was the lightest thing in his entire house.

He transfigured the old bed into a crib with a black blanket on top. He removed the book shelf and night stands from the room and added a dark purple rug for the flooring.

Then he added a mobile that depicted eleven slytherin quidditch players chasing each other in a big circle.

Once he was satisfied that the room would do, at least for the moment, he went to get the baby. When he got to his room he found that Rose was awake, but had not made a sound.

Worried that something was wrong he used a spell that let him see the infants organs, sort of like that muggle x-ray. Everything looked okay... Expect for one thing. Her vocal cords.

They were bent at a horrid angle. That was why she had made no sound. She hadn't cried or laughed or... Anything. And it wasn't because she was just a "quiet baby".

It was because she couldn't make a sound. How could he be so idiotic. He had never heard of a totally quiet baby in his whole life! This was going to be much harder than he had thought.

He immediately went to his fire place to talk to his friend Narcissa. She had just had a baby boy. Maybe she could help him with Rose. He went into his living room and put floo powder on the fire. It instantly turned green. The taking a deep breath, he stuck his head into the fire.

He emerged from the fire to see Dobby the house elf sweeping the floor.

"Dobby!" Severus shouted at him. The poor house elf was so scared he dropped his broom.

"Y...yes master Severus?" He said timidly.

"Go fetch me Narcissa. NOW!" Snape screamed when Dobby didn't move. Dobby scurried away hastily. Soon he returned with Narcissa in tow.

"Why, hello Severus. Why have you summoned me?" She asked clearly annoyed to have left baby Draco.

"Hello Narcissa. You have recently had a baby boy, correct? How is little Draco?" He asked to be polite.

"Oh, he's doing great! Why, just the other day we were sitting in the library..." She started to babble.

"Narcissia! I do not have time for your insignificant prattle! I have come to ask you the basics of taking care of a child! Won't you listen to me!" He he shouted very rudely at her. He would apologize later. She finally got quiet.

"And what child is this may I ask? I never new you had a child Severus." She said coldly.

"That, my dear Narcissia, is none of your business, so if you would excuse me I will leave you be. He whispered infuriated by this women's foolish questions.

"Well then, you can ask you questions to someone other than me. Good day Severus." She spat.

Severus took his head of of the fire, infuriated that his visit didn't prove of any use. When he went back to the room Rose was bouncing on the ceiling.