Chapter 43 | I Love Him...Wait What?

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Click. Click. Click.

I groan, as I continue doing what I've been repeatedly been doing for the last thirty minutes in order to book my plane ticket home for my mom's anniversary next week. Why has it taken thirty minutes? Well first, the site crashed on me halfway through meaning I had to go back and redo everything. Second, Dylan had to borrow Noah's laptop I'm using for something because his crashed, and thirdly the internet the guys have is being extremely slow.

"You've been groaning for twenty minutes. I almost thought you were having fun without me," Noah smirks as he walks out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist, leaving his bare muscled chest on display.

"Hilarious," I deadpan.

He runs the towel over his hair. "Still trying to find flights?"

"Yes. Everything is getting in my way," I mutter, roughly hitting the keyboard. Finally getting onto the website and it begins to work, I smile in relief. Finally, no more distractions.

Ring Ring!

Damn it! I just jinxed myself. Sighing, I reach over Noah's bed grabbing my phone from the bedside table. Noah chuckles and I shoot him a glare.

"Hi dad," I say, leaning back on Noah's bed. Noah walks over to kiss my cheek before heading to his wardrobe.

"Hey sweetheart. Have you booked your plane ticket home for next week?" Dad asks.

"That's what I'm trying to do now, but it's taking forever. I'm planning for Tuesday, then mom's anniversary in on Wednesday and I'll probably head back home Thursday night. I can't stay long because I'd miss too many classes," I explain. My eyes flicker over to where Noah stands. Watching as he drops the towel, my eyes roam over his bare body as he gets some clothes out. I bite my lip at his appearance and Noah sees me eying him through his mirror, making him smirk and then wink at me.

"I know, I don't expect you to. Coming home for a couple of days just for your mom means a lot," Dad says, making me smile.

"Of course, I'll always come home for it. How are Catherine and Reece?" I ask him. I have spoken to Reece a couple times over school and other things, sometimes just to catch up.

"They're very good. There are some problems with Reece's dad showing up. He says he wants to get to know Reece, but Reece doesn't want that. I mean he missed fourteen years of his life, what kind of father does that?" Dad asks, annoyed.

"You really care about him, huh?" I ask and Noah walks over to the bed sitting next to me wrapping his arm around me as he kisses my neck making me smile at him as I wrap my arm around his neck resting my head against his as he kisses my temple "Do you see this with Catherine becoming serious?"

Dad's gruff voice breaks me out of my trance with Noah. "I mean, I would like it to be. I would never get married again or have any other kids. I had all that with your mom and Catherine knows I wouldn't get married again, she says she's ok with that as she has never been a big wedding person. Anyway, Blue is nudging me to take him out, pushy ass dog. I should go I'll see you next week."

"Bye dad, love you," I say, putting the phone down. "He was just checking about my flight for next week."

"Can I ask you something?" Noah asks, and I nod. "If I offered, would you let me come with you?" Noah asks and my eyes snap to his. "I don't like the thought of leaving you alone for your mom's anniversary. I don't know, it might be a good idea to meet your dad finally. It's not like I'm busy, I don't have practice or games. I can skip a couple classes."