XXIX.

"jocelyn, we have no choice

"jocelyn, we have no choice."

"there's always a choice, bonnie!" jocelyn spoke loudly, frustration slowly building within the girl. she turned towards esther, a glare forming on her features. "you."

jocelyn made a move towards the original witch, only to drop to her knees a second later due to the pain inflicted spell the woman put on her.

"they trusted you." jocelyn breathed out, letting out a scream when she felt the spell become heavier.

bonnie and abby glanced between the heretic and esther with worried eyes. esther tilted her head at the girl, dropping the spell for a moment.

"the witches want to punish you, jocelyn." esther said, meeting the heretic's eyes. "you're mere existence upsets the balance of nature, same as my children. you terrorized coven after coven. you must pay for your actions."

"fuck the witches." jocelyn regretted her words as soon as she uttered them. the pain inflicted spell esther had been holding came back once again, only stronger. "they want me to— beg for mercy? like their descendants did?" a low growl was heard from the girl. "they'll have to kill me first."

"they're coming, mother." finn spoke up, turning towards his mother.

"no, it's too soon. the moon is not high enough." esther glanced to the direction her children were coming from before her gaze went to the two bennett witches. "go, quickly."

bonnie spared her sister one last look before she followed her mother into the abandoned home that the spirits recited in. jocelyn groaned, pulling at the roots of her hair. she felt as if her head was going to explode, but she would never give the satisfaction to the witches. she refused to beg for mercy.

klaus went to make a move towards the heretic, but halted when the fires in the pentagram ignited brighter and a pained scream fell from jocelyn's lips.

"my sons, come forward." esther spoke, taking a step into the pentagram beside finn. the ancestors dropped the spell for a moment, long enough for the girl to catch a breath.

"stay beside me." finn said, putting his hand out towards his mother.

esther kept her eyes on the three. "it's okay. they can't enter."

kol tried to step to the pentagram his mother and brother recited in only for the flames to ignite even brighter than before. jocelyn grabbed ahold of her head once again, letting out a strangled scream at the sudden agony that hit her.

"end this now, mother!" klaus' worry was causing his temper to rise considerably. his gaze flickered between jocelyn and his mother.

"that's lovely." kol's eyes fell onto the girl on the ground. "we're stuck out here while the favorite son plays sacrificial lamb. how pathetic you are, finn."