Ch 66 | Her birth

Ch 66 | Her birth

○Will you hold me tight
and not let go?○

"She'll be my saviour"

"She's your source of death" her voice thinning with sadness and anger. She felt coldness all over her body. She wanted to cry her soul out. 

"You wouldn't understand until you become a mother yourself" 

"Sissi—" she stuttered, "please re-think If I lose you too along with dad then—"

"Orijina, giving up my daughter is worse than me dying of cancer" 

This is was just it wasn't it. She either picks her life or her daughter's life, but she picked her daughter. She wants to give the child, her best shot. She would rather burn with cancer and have a painful sloe death than to ever kill the child in her stomach. 

"I am sorry" 

"I just have one request unnie, today—" Sissi took a big breath, "please look at my daughter, as your own. Your own flesh and blood, your own child from your stomach, yours and your husband's" 

"I'll do it, as my own flesh and blood. I will protect her as if I am protecting you" she silently sobbed, "I love you sessi" 

"I love you more big sis" 

The doctors came out, after long anticipating hours or labor. The family was huddled up in the hallway. It was like a nightmare coming true, the one graphically right in front of your eyes. The smell of the hospital throbbed her head even more. 

Her heart was beating too loud. Too loud. 

Too fast. 

She wasn't ready to give up her baby sister. 

Not yet...

"Doctor, my daughter—" 

"She's...  —I am sorry, she's a hero of her child she created a beautiful creature her final words for you, she wants you to love her child" and that mutually alone, hearing the doctor's words —truly none of them were ready to hear the news. 

The nurse brought, the tiny bundle wrapped with a white blanket. Her eyes were closed, she was very small, she was covered with her mother's liquid from the womb. The beautiful creature brought tears to her newly found grandma and a... mother. 

"S-she's my daughter's?" her wrinkled hands were shaking nervously as she softly touched the tiny's closed hands. 

"She is"

"She's beautiful"

Orijina chuckled, she couldn't stop crying. Her sister was gone, she was gone. She chose her daughter's life over hers. She slowly took the tiny bundle in her arms, she cooed blurring her vision. 

Life is frustrating, but it's life. 

She couldn't stop crying. She felt joy knowing this child is now her own. She will give her everything for what her sister never got. Never experienced. Never had the chance to live. 

"Doctor, we will call her Mirae" Orijina whispered with a smile. "my sister's middle name" it was weird since Koreans rarely had middle names but her little sister was just one that had it. 

"She will be my Lee Mirae"